A new follower.

GoldenMotor.com

TCB

Dec 2, 2009
Michigan
Hello out there to all. New to the hobby, my first kit should be here in a few days. (Grubee GT-5 66cc) I,ve been gleaning your posts for seeds of wisdom, as I understand most instructions are incomplete at best. I,m not a stranger to the tool box, or mechanical knowledge so it should be fun. Here is my first whoop's! I plan to convert my 18gr mt. bike, the problem lies in the current gear selectors and deraileur. They are twist grip mounted and I would like to retain pedal mode.Which seemingly is a problem for throttle placment in power mode. I know I can adapt brakes and clutch with optional levers. But what about this. Lay it on me folks. Thanks

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome TCB to the forum, glad you joined us.

I guess you would have to change your current set-up over to thumb shifters to be able to change your gears, at least on the throttle side.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
TCB,
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure of your shifter configuration, handle bar length or other details but I retained my twist shifter on my Schwinn Jaguar simply by sliding it all the way to the first bend in the bars which left me just enough room for my throttle/kill switch. You might not have that luxury due to shorter handle bars but replacing them with longer ones might solve your problem.
Tom

TCB

Dec 2, 2009
Michigan
Thanks for the ideas, I'll check on the options for both. Some thing to do while I'm waiting on my kit. Thanks, TCB