Schwinn Landmark Front Tube Size

GoldenMotor.com

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
I ordered a Schwinn Landmark, I was wondering if anyone had this bike and if I needed to order a front mount kit for it.

If anyone has the bike could you please let me know if you had any trouble attaching your motor to the frame.

Thanks.

upsrogue

Jul 14, 2009
Arizona
Hi I have the bike and did a install about 2 weeks ago with a 49cc 2 stroke China girl

I don't know what a "front mount kit" is so I don't know if you need to order one or not.

But yes I had a problem with the front mount because the frame tube on the Landmark is to big around and will not fit between the two studs that come out of the front of engine, I made a set up that works for me using a car muffler clamp and a piece of 1/2" square tubing I just had to drill 4 holes in the square tubing, no welding.

I will check to see if I made pics of the set up or not I will show you what it "might look like"

The rear engine mount works perfect that comes with the engine, the other problem I had was mounting the chain tensioner, the bar it mounts on is too small so you can't tighten it down enough and it wants to turn in toward the wheel when under tension, after one badly bent wheel, so I did away with the tensioner by shorting the chain so when I need to take the chain off I just remove the master link on the chain. Check other threads for fixes if you want to keep the tensioner on, just don't put it on out of the box it will cost you a wheel.

I will get back to you here.

Attachments

Last edited:

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Hi I have the bike and did a install about 2 weeks ago with a 49cc 2 stroke China girl

I don't know what a "front mount kit" is so I don't know if you need to order one or not.

But yes I had a problem with the front mount because the frame tube on the Landmark is to big around and will not fit between the two studs that come out of the front of engine, I made a set up that works for me using a car muffler clamp and a piece of 1/2" square tubing I just had to drill 4 holes in the square tubing, no welding.

I will check to see if I made pics of the set up or not I will show you what it "might look like"

The rear engine mount works perfect that comes with the engine, the other problem I had was mounting the chain tensioner, the bar it mounts on is too small so you can't tighten it down enough and it wants to turn in toward the wheel when under tension, after one badly bent wheel, so I did away with the tensioner by shorting the chain so when I need to take the chain off I just remove the master link on the chain. Check other threads for fixes if you want to keep the tensioner on, just don't put it on out of the box it will cost you a wheel.

I will get back to you here.
You think you could measure the diamter of the frame. There is a link to buy something to mount to the front tube all I need to know is what size to order.

I'm guessing it's an inch and a half.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
the tab on my front fender broke(drilled out ribbet and added metal L plate and bolt)

replaced stock kickstand with a adjustable heavy duty kickstand from walmart(goes in stock location).

got a flat tire on the rear(changed intertube,keep patches and glue and airpump with you and you can slide tube out while wheel is on bike and patch and put air in,good to go)if not it will be hard to walk to home since these tires when flat come right off the rim. when i got the flat i didnt have anything and walked it 1/2mile home and tire can off rim and i had to plastic tie the tire on the rim just to get it home.

tensioner does not stay tight and wants to go into the wheel,i put the tensioner on tight and layed a bolt like this ( I----- ) behind the bottom of tensioner and added a hose clamp on each end of the bolt to hold bolt to frame and this keeps the tensioner from moving.

besides that the engine went on great.

Last edited:

upsrogue

Jul 14, 2009
Arizona
Perkoff
That front frame post on mine measures 1.515" so just a little over 1 1/2".

To add to the other replys, I had some knoby off road type tires from my mountain bike that I changed out with the stock tires that come with the Landmark that made a major improvment in handleing, also while it was apart I went to Walmart and they have solid rubber inner tubes for less that $20 those went in and now I don't have flats at all. Well worth $20 each.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
ups...I have been meaning to ask...
what part of AZ ??? (always lookin for a riding partner :))

we now return the thread to it's rightful subject rotfl

oh yeah...my Jag measures just over 1.5" as well

upsrogue

Jul 14, 2009
Arizona
.wee.Hi azbill
I live in Prescott Valley, I lived in Phx for 27 years and DO NOT miss it at all because I have been gone now 23 years well I guess that gives my age away o'well.

And yes that ups should be UPS the "brown army" in two weeks I will have been grinding gears with them for 31 years and I am HAPPY to say I have 41 working days left and will retire at the ripe old age of 49 and I don't feel bad at all I paid my dues thank you very much, at that point I might have to buy a backup engine for that bike cause I plan on having some fun that does NOT include cardboard if you know what I mean. Thanks my "other" name is Steve.wee.drn2

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
the tab on my front fender broke(drilled out ribbet and added metal L plate and bolt)

replaced stock kickstand with a adjustable heavy duty kickstand from walmart(goes in stock location).

got a flat tire on the rear(changed intertube,keep patches and glue and airpump with you and you can slide tube out while wheel is on bike and patch and put air in,good to go)if not it will be hard to walk to home since these tires when flat come right off the rim. when i got the flat i didnt have anything and walked it 1/2mile home and tire can off rim and i had to plastic tie the tire on the rim just to get it home.

tensioner does not stay tight and wants to go into the wheel,i put the tensioner on tight and layed a bolt like this ( I----- ) behind the bottom of tensioner and added a hose clamp on each end of the bolt to hold bolt to frame and this keeps the tensioner from moving.

besides that the engine went on great.

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks.

perkoff

Jul 13, 2009
Wisconsin
Perkoff
That front frame post on mine measures 1.515" so just a little over 1 1/2".

To add to the other replys, I had some knoby off road type tires from my mountain bike that I changed out with the stock tires that come with the Landmark that made a major improvment in handleing, also while it was apart I went to Walmart and they have solid rubber inner tubes for less that $20 those went in and now I don't have flats at all. Well worth $20 each.
Thanks, I finally got my bike today, it's been sitting in a warehouse about 50 miles from me since Monday, I had it shipped to Wal-Mart. Now I got my bike and motor all I have to do is wait a few more days to get my engine mount. I hope everything goes smooth.