Getting the left brake handle back?

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I always hated tying the two brakes together at one side of the bars [dual caliper]I have been looking at the PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INSTALLATION they have a set up that can free up the clutch caliper, by using an internal free wheel/centrifugal set up . I was wondering how the reputation is on this? Has anyone tried these yet? This kinda looks like the cats meow!I got a Kings china with over 4000 miles on it seems to me ya cannot where the pucks out on it. However having a nail at 27mph and the size front tire I like to run is absolutely enormous. With rock shox triple tree forks down hill style. I cannot help but worry about flying over the bike couz the tire got cought up in the forks somehow say after catching a nail or who knows what . Separate brake controls means in such a scenario you could pick the rear brake only and safely stop. LOL.bf.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
If you are referring to the centrifugal clutch working with the Shift Kit we have had others do it and they have not reported any problems. The only concern I would have from a technical standpoint is that due to the centrifugal clutch there is the possibility that you may have to pedal the bike slightly to down shift. Reason being that a rear derailleur requires the chain to be moving and with the centrifugal clutch the drive train may not be spinning while decelerating. Wouldn't be that difficult to pedal a few rotations on a downshift though.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Great Thanx for the input Ghosto! This is exiting the only question left would be is the centrifuge as durable as the pucks? Guise I will just have to try one out.

JoeJ

Jul 22, 2008
Winston Salem NC
I thought if you just raised it a little it would be enough to create a little drag and keep the chain moving, not so much that it would go into total lock up.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Joe, I Hear What You Are Saying. That Would Probably Be Ok If Not Sitting Still For More Than A Few Seconds With The Engine Running, It Would Heat Up Fast. I Didn`t Mean To Be Rude Or Disrespectful To You. Thanks For The Reply And For Posting. Later. Ron.