Motorized Bicycles - Therapy or a Necessity

GoldenMotor.com

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I think motorized bicycles are Therapy and a Necessity. When my Wife tells me to go and ride my bike, she knows I need it. I have the Whizzer at work and at lunch when things are not going well I get the bike out, and depending on the level of stress I run it with or without the baffle. I start out doing figure 8's in the large parking lot usually going fast at first and using the compression release to slow down, I do that with the baffle out it blows fire out the exhaust with a lot of popping and bangs, it doesn't take long and all my stress is gone. A simple bike with the sound of a well oiled machine propelling you along and the stress just melts away. And if you are lucky someone is walking the sidewalk and as you go by you let her blast one of those loud bangs (Oh what Fun). Have fun, Dave

PS: Merry Christmas .trk

hill climber

Sep 11, 2008
paso robles, california
Re: MB's - Therapy or a Necessity

its the only therapy i get. so i guess its a necessity to get therapy. wow, i sound like i maybe could use some therapy. ah, christmas day ride, see ya guys in a while. its time for therapy. merry christmas

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.

Therapy! I need to go to the shop just to ride around the block a few times.
When I'm working on it, I'm lost.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO

Definitely both. I could use some therapy right about now. Supposed to be 45 today, would be nice for a ride. Too bad my bike is in many pieces still (and now I have to go buy a new axle when stores are open again)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

I'm riding no matter what later this week, supposed to be 60 degrees F! It's been too long since I've seen the sun shine, or rode a bike.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Motor biking is therapy. .trk

The transportation to work and saving $1055 yearly is icing on the cake (That will pay for my pusher trailer and alternator/electrical system).

It's also therapeutic to work on my bikes too..weld

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.

Even planning and dreaming up mods to do to it are therapy. Spending long times on the internet to find parts.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Gonna ride today, even if it is raining....had a "thing" removed from my scalp yesterday...need to go ride and not think about it.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

I JUST CAME BACK FROM THE DOCTOR. I THOUGHT I WAS SUFFERING FROM DEEP DEPRESSION!! HE CHECKED ME OUT AND SAID I WAS NOT SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION, I WAS JUST REAL POOR!!laff HOPE THAT WAS AMUSING. .duh.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah

I am in Utah right now. I wish I had brought one of the bikes with me. I could use a ride about now. I have experienced snow on the road for the last few days, not a menace though, just on the sides. Ill be back in Long Beach on new years day. Have fun, Dave

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston

Neat times hit the nail on the head, I am cheap and broke and these bikes are cheap and most times broke :) A match made in heaven. I can't afford therapy or want to be taking drugs, so this is how I get my stress out and free my mind. Went for a long ride today, sunny and low 70's It was great "rub rub rub" I am so so blessed:)

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL

tx dave, i have been needing to have a nervous breakdown, but can`t afford one!! as you say, the mb`s have helped!! hikers` emocon`s have helped also. i liked the pic of you and your son on the bike. later. ron.mbv..duh..weld

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston

I put my avitar back to the first one. Yeh thats my grandson, We rode the back roads in West Virginia.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah

I so need a ride on my bike. It has been cold and cloudy and I have not felt well. I found a new victim abandon in the park, it is a mountain bike it is a little beat up but has good bones. I think it wants to be a MB I think it would look best as a Military looking MB. Think it would look best as a desert or a green camo! Hope all are having fun. Dave