What a pain!

GoldenMotor.com

roka

Oct 9, 2012
Mesa, AZ
I'm doing my 1st build and picked up an older Giant Sedona (aluminum frame) to use. The paint wasn't in very good shape so I decided to repaint it. For various reasons I didn't want to use a chemical stripper so I took some sandpaper to it. After quite a while I had a very small spot clean a very sore arms! So I got a wire wheel and got to work. Better, but still gawd awful slow! My fingers are numb from the drill's vibration and I'm only about half done. I have to restrain myself from taking a grinder to it! Pray for me. LOL!!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
ok, I say a prayer for u.

Will the Paint gods please let roka learn an old paintjob can be scuffed with wet n dry gritpaper and a suitable primer applied before a colorcoat of his choice.

There yah go, buddie!

Hope it works for you!!

Best
rc

roka

Oct 9, 2012
Mesa, AZ
ok, I say a prayer for u.

Will the Paint gods please let roka learn an old paintjob can be scuffed with wet n dry gritpaper and a suitable primer applied before a colorcoat of his choice.

There yah go, buddie!

Hope it works for you!!

Best
rc
I appreciate it!

I keep hoping that someday I'll actually be old enough not to have to keep learning painful lessons. LOL!!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Now, I know about that.

Age does not prevent doing painful things.
It makes you numb from all the dumb, painful things already done.

And, you learn to pray.

Mostly, Thanks for getting me through THAT one!

:)
rc

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
Wear thick gloves.

Sounds like your new to these sort of things. I cut myself on sheet metal of servers since I was 15 years old running my own webhosting business. I can handle being sore from sanding. Just make sure if you can afford to use something like a belt sander. If you let your bike soak in jasco just wipe it all down with jasco over some dirt, then let it dry in sun, then peel at it. Then the pain will come off without sanding I bet. I hope that suggestion helps, also jasco takes about 30min to start working so stand the bike up over some land you dont care about and just brush on jasco. It's well worth it over ****ty sanding, are you going to sand it back to similar grit all around? Then you'll have odd paint when you paint it, best to just strip paint in these cases am I wrong?