Hello from the deep south

GoldenMotor.com

RockLobster2402

Oct 29, 2011
New Orleans LA
Hello from the deep south,

Glad to find this forum.
I am Milton from New Orleans, LA.
I am getting a kit this next week, am so Glad to fund you guys.
I don't want a big Scooter because I need to bring it inside, here it would get stole too quick.
I think once I figure out how to install the kit on my bike, I wanna modify one, for a big trike..trk

AT least I would have a way out of town for the next Hurricane, lol.

drn2 . .wee. usflg .shft.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I spent a week in the big easy last month; on business of course. If you need to keep your motorbike indoors, you may want to consider electric power.

RockLobster2402

Oct 29, 2011
New Orleans LA
Re: wheelbender6

I see the Gas Motors for around $120 and up, how much is a electric one?

Do they move as fast? When I said inside I meant on a courtyard, whereas a big scooter would harder to get back here.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
A 36V 500w electric kit will not be impressive if you do not peddle along. if you do pedal along, you can achieve good speed and range.
I am speaking of a 10 mile range with lead acid batteries. If you need a 20 mile range, you will need the more expensive LiPo batteries.
We have a few ebike sub-forums on this site. If they are unable to answer your questions, there are some forum sites dedicated to ebikes (they will tell you a lot more than you want to know).
Ebay is the cheapest. People have been happy with kits from these sites, though they cost a bit more:
ampedbikes.com
e-bikekit.com

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I usually shut off my fuel petcock a block or so from the barn and run most the gas out of the carb bowl... then I let the mab cool down outside before I bring it in.
Not really any gas smell... that I can tell ! :)
rc