Honda GXH50 first build and introduction.

GoldenMotor.com

hondabicycle

Aug 14, 2011
Greeley, CO
.duh.

Hello,
I've finished my first build and thought I'd show it off while introducing myself.
I've been ridding all my life and love it vary much.
I'm looking around this site and am vary impressed with knowledge of the users and moderation of the admin's.
I built an SBP 4 stroke on a Micargi 7 speed with fenders. I'm using the Honda GXH50 only because I've had so much success with Honda's in the past. Such as the XR650R. That's my favorite bike in the world. I did a survival trip across the states with one and now I'm going to do a few states trip with the GXH50.
I'm not into racing a bicycle as you can imagine. These bikes are really cool for just cruising and longevity. I will race an XR650R thats what those are for.
The car drivers are terrible out there. I practice safety and am an excellent defensive driver.
May this industry thrive and grow.
Peace to all the bikers out there.

Attachments

Last edited:

hondabicycle

Aug 14, 2011
Greeley, CO
I do have a question.
After I ordered the G4 somewhere and was took for it. I wanted to be sure I had something that would run rite. So I choose the stage 3 as the SBP 4 stroke shifter kit was desinged for and was happy. Now I kinda have some funds and really like the look of the G4 without the black cover.
So has anyone used both and have results to share?
I had my own alluminum polishing buisness and started when I was seven. So if the performance is anything other then the same as the G4 Honda I plan on resurfacing the alluminim on the stage 3 and buffing it out.
Im gong to get a Video Camera soon and will offer a tutorial to help out.

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I have a busted Stage III in my toolbox. It grenaded itself, blew a large hole in the cover and munched a gear. That would never happen to a 4G, it's a more efficient transmission and not filled with straight-cut gears.

I have 3K miles on my 4G. I doubt a Stage III will last that long without catastrophic failure. Most don't.

So has anyone used both and have results to share?