riding style

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I have a Stinger motor in a Schwinn Jag frame. I have a very cushy seat with a sprung seat post. It took a lot of working with it to get this thing sorted out and comfortable to ride. I want to ride this thing like a bicycle. You know cut through parking lots, go down the alleys, ride up the drive ways. Even though I am an old guy I ride my bikes like a kid. I really don't want to treat this like it is a mo-ped or a motor scooter I want to treat like a bike. I don't ride fast or loud. I have a bicycle foot print and bicycle speeds with a bicycle attitude. How do you all ride and how does the public accept your ride?.xx.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I ride just like any other cyclist, except I don't have to pedal myself around. :) Never on sidewalks or to harass people, and respectful of traffic laws. But that said, its great to tear across vacant lots and down paths that a motorcycle wouldn't dare. The public at large are more curious of what I'm riding than what I'm doing, so far :D

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
From one old guy to another, I like to get after it too, but I try to be careful so as not to draw attention to myself. I live in a small town with about ten streets, so everyone knows everyones business, but when I get outside of town I let it go. None of our local law enforcement has told me of any complaints, so I would just say pick you times and places and have fun. Dan

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
I really don't want to treat this like it is a mo-ped or a motor scooter I want to treat like a bike. I don't ride fast or loud. I have a bicycle foot print and bicycle speeds with a bicycle attitude. How do you all ride and how does the public accept your ride?
I think of my motorized bike as a bicycle, not a motorcycle or scooter. I have pedaled bikes all my life and I just love bikes and bicycling. I have no interest in motorcycles.

My motorized bike looks, feels, and handles like a bicycle. I feel totally like I am riding a bicycle. And I always pedal it like a bicycle. For me, pedaling is a reflex and I probably couldn't stop pedaling if I tried.

But it is an incredibly fast bicycle! And I like to ride it as fast as I can! When conditions permit, I ride full throttle at about 30 to 32 mph on flats and 35 mph or more on downhills. It makes me feel like a super-champion bike racer!

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I ride like I'm on a scooter or moped. That being said, I would never buy a scooter or moped, to me the cool part is riding around on something that I built. I have no interest in motorcycles other than that some of them look cool so I find it annoying when someone sees my bike and wants to talk to me about Harley Davidson's. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I try to ride like the police have a visual on me. Texas motorbike laws are nebulous and I don't want entice the police to crack down on us.
I do enjoy a short cut down the drainage channel bank but avoid multi-use bike paths.

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
Hi guys...
Well it is a little sad when you think about it, but i too ride as if being watched...always taking the route least likely to have a cop on the corner... not doing anything wrong just dont want their attention. other than that I ride ride like an old guy i guess, not interested in speed or daredevil stuff...just like cruisin' along about 20 or 25 with the wind in my face and no cares other than the occasional thought of my tensioner being sucked into my rear wheel.... :) just kidding , its pinned ... going back out and ride my newest buil...just finished it. have fun!