Hello another newbie from CA

GoldenMotor.com

Starchalopakis

May 13, 2010
California
Been reading around for a couple of weeks, and am looking forward to all your help!! Just got a 66c skyhawk for my jaguar. And this site has been mighty helpful already!!! Cheers!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Starch,
There are several Jag owners here, me, for one. They make a great platform for a motorized bicycle. They are also a well built bike, stable and strong. Send us some photos of your build.
Tom

Starchalopakis

May 13, 2010
California
Thanks for the welcome Tom!! I will definitely get some pictures posted here soon, hopefully tommorow if I get her finished!! I have been having some trouble getting the clunch to disengage, but from what I have been reading I just need to adjust the clutch cable. I will find out tommorow!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When I say "disengage" the clutch I mean I cannot pedal freely without engaging the motor.
Starch,
Yes, your problem sounds like cable tension. You'll want little to no slack between the end of the cable and the clutch arm on the engine. If you've installed the small diameter spring that comes with most kits on the cable, engine end, remove and discard it. It really serves no purpose but to increase clutch lever pull. The larger diameter spring is a heat shield. Keep it. If you have any problems after tightening the cable get back to us, we'll try to help. Disregard any advice you might get about adjusting the clutch flower nut until you have good tension and are still having problems.
Tom

Starchalopakis

May 13, 2010
California
Thanks again Tom, and yeah I haven't touched the flower nut yet. But like you mentioned there is quite a bit of slack in the cable itself. I worked on it for a few hours today, then had to take a much needed break. But if I havent got it to work tommorow, I will post some pics and see what the next step is.