What's with the bottle

GoldenMotor.com

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
When the engine is on the exhaust stroke and blows the exhaust out the muffler, it also blowback some fuel/air mixture backwards threw the intake into the air filter.
When you have a boost bottle installed on the intake, the mixture would go up into the bottle to supercharge the next intake mixture.

I dont believe in them tho, mostly it just magically pockets your money, lol.
You could just send me the money and i'll tell you your bike goes faster, lol.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Or as somebody once said the blow back will take the path of least resistance (like it already does) and goes out the carb. The bottle can't be pressurized or make pressure.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I did alot of experimenting with different size boost bottles, that I made myself. My opinion is don't waste your time or money. The only thing I ever noticed was it changed the idle.

John

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
When I raced Go Carts you could see a vapor plume coming out of the carb when under full throttle, it was quite visible, what we did was to put a velocity stack on the carb so that most of that vapor would be somewhat trapped and be available for the next intake, it worked BUT tended to have a RPM range that it would work, now days the sport bikes have motorized adjustable intake stakes, these stakes work on the same principle as the reverse cone exhaust, I could go on and on about this but won't.