2nd kit in 6 years

GoldenMotor.com

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Up down in and out
Good to see a familiar face!
Things still pretty active here? Do you think Motorized bikes are more popular now? Seems to be lots of groups on Facebook. Been hitting those some.

Got a Cheez kit. Came with lots of things you had to find or upgrade later

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
It's ALIVE!!
Used old NT carb because I knew it was working. Poorly but working.

Old muffler because I had bent it to tuck in tighter.

Used old clutch cover assembly. Because I couldn't find the screw for tgr built in cable stop. Then it occurred to me, it's probably the one in the cable stop on the clutch wire.

Didn't want to start took off air cleaner to spray starting fluid. In the process broke it. Hence the new low profile look. I really had it on there. Had jiggling off trouble. Still no start, so I swapped my NGK B7HS with whatever was in the kit. Nothing. Swapped to my Old head. Then it ran!

I do have a question. It was revving out of control. By the time I got the screwdriver and was turning, what I think is the idle screw. It sounded like it was going to blow. So I killed it. I'd like to confirm that the idle screw is the one next to the primer and which way turns down the idle?

( couldn't post pics from mobile. I'm sure you can just don't know how)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The idle speed screw: Turn it in, clockwise, to increase idle speed, turn it out, counterclockwise, to decrease idle. Idle speed can change slightly depending on engine temperature.

My suspicion is that there's something wrong with your throttle. Maybe cable adjustment or the throttle barrel is sticking or installed backwards.

Tom

MacZulu

Jul 3, 2015
Vancouver
I just stalled a cheez kit, very good kit. like you said, alot of little upgades. mine started first time with out much trouble, but as I was riding I adjusted the idle screw and a little while later I lost the idle screw. i guess i backed it off a little too much. I put on my sha clone (dakar version with the air screw and idle screw) and runs like crap. so I asked Legwon about it and he pointed out its a scooter carb and the jet is probably too big, so in a few minutes im going to take the jet from the stock and put it in the sha.

but ya, love the kit

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Dan! Was wondering if you was still here. Staff now! :) how's happy?
Still smell a hint of bacon
You ever get your 29er?
I'm a beekeeper now!

2door
Confirmed the direction at Cheez bikes on FB. And Don was thinking thr cylinder was upside down. Which it wasn't. Going to put the speed carb and all other associated parts on.