found a frame

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
I came home yesterday and sitting right across the street was this frame, and a few other odds and ends. What is its' destiny? I don't know, but the cranks are much wider than mine, and if they clear a pullstart that would be neat. I do have that 49cc that needs a new top end, maybe this is its home?

says its a schwinn cruiser in 80-90's graphics.
the front tube is much different than my torker and would need an extended front mount, but I have enough junk to make something. Either way all I had to do was walk 30ft when I got home :) all that was there was the frame, bottom bracket, pedals, headset and handlebars. I imagine my neighbor was chuckling to his wife as I carried it away.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Personally, I'd take a nice Fiero over a Corvette any day. Really.

Best of luck with the frame project!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Last fieros had a better suspension... Which year is yours? Before that they were like chevettes up front

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five

still have some work to do before she's running.

Front wasn't really the bad part with the early ones. Rubber mounted engine cradles were.
mine is 87. Imho, I wouldn't want an 88. A lot more parts for us early guys.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Great Score! Headtrauma does some real justice to those frames, excited to see your finished project.

As for the Corvette, been there done that, wont be doing it again lol. I do just fine with my current ride, might even be buried inside it lol.

Dan.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Great Score! Headtrauma does some real justice to those frames, excited to see your finished project.

As for the Corvette, been there done that, wont be doing it again lol. I do just fine with my current ride, might even be buried inside it lol.

Dan.
Thanks for mentioning headtrama, I searched some of his stuff and find it inspiring for this build.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Nothing wrong with a little humility to score a sweet frame like that. I'd do that 30ft "walk of shame" in a heartbeat!

Nice Fiero GT BTW. Back in the days when that car was new, I was driving a Dodge Shelby GLH that would stomp your neighbors 'vette (assuming his is a similar vintage Corvette).

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Nothing wrong with a little humility to score a sweet frame like that. I'd do that 30ft "walk of shame" in a heartbeat!

Nice Fiero GT BTW. Back in the days when that car was new, I was driving a Dodge Shelby GLH that would stomp your neighbors 'vette (assuming his is a similar vintage Corvette).
Thanks, I too rocked a glh. It may have been my favorite car of all time. Maybe another after fiero is done. Mine was red. I killed the trans and could only find a non glh trans local. It kinda blew the whole thing for me, but I was younger in 97. Oddly I had more money then, but make more now...?

Anyways, those cranks are wide, but I just checked. Not wide enough for pullstart.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Is your build going to be a shifter?
I really want to give that sturmey 3spd I picked up a run on the torker cruiser I have. I was hoping to salvage the cranks for that, but now who knows. My torker seems to fit the engine more seamlessly. I'll probably keep the shift thought for that one. 49cc for this, but.... Who sells a 49cc jug and piston? Seems every vendor has 66 only?

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Thanks, I too rocked a glh. It may have been my favorite car of all time. Maybe another after fiero is done. Mine was red. I killed the trans and could only find a non glh trans local. It kinda blew the whole thing for me, but I was younger in 97. Oddly I had more money then, but make more now...?

Anyways, those cranks are wide, but I just checked. Not wide enough for pullstart.
I had a blue 4 door GLH. Shelby blue with a gawd-awful blue interior. Bought it new, was my first new car. I could routinely spank my friends 1984 Mustang GT. Eat VW GTIs for lunch.

I always lusted for an 87 Shelby GLHS. Still kinda do, but I can't imagine what it would be like to try to work on one of those things? I remember having to jack the engine up on mine to replace the timing belt (cuz the engine mount passed thru the middle of the belt...).

Ahhh, the good old days.....