Maximum Ride Time

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
until you get back home.

seriously. a well-tuned bike (heck, sometimes even a poorly tuned bike) can run full throttle as long as you want. i've ridden for hours at a time in the middle of summer with no problems.

farthest non-stop run i took up the coast about 75 miles one way. after a few miles, road back home. no worries...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
don't get too excited yet. i've also had a brand new motor that almost made it 6blocks to the liquor store before the main bearing exploded and seized the whole thing. :)
Lol.........!
Had that one happen myself...... only difference is I made it about 10-12 miles before that happened.....

Really sucks having to pedal back home....!

I run at least 3/4 throttle everywhere I go and got 2000miles on one and about 1000 on another may blow up next time out but holding up good so far.... knock on wood.

Map
reddd

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
About 60 round trip is my farthest trip but many trips of 15-20 there and 15-20 back...... those are the sweet rides when the bike is ginning good and the weather is just right....... love it!

Dasmailca

Mar 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
I have ridden to work everyday for the last 4 weeks. 30 kms (18 miles) each way with only one mishap (broken master link ) at a steady 20 to 25 mph, no stops. other than that, no problems. Took a trip of about 30 miles each way also no prob. I have about 1500 miles on this motor. It's important to check all nuts bolts and screws on a regular basis.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Dasmailca brings up a good point. These engines can run for hours under normal use. Days, maybe? Probably.

But there are other factors involved in whether or not you can be riding all that time. And loosening fasteners is one of them. Once the components start moving around you'll find yourself by the side of the road, tearing out your hair, cussing, etc.

Don't let us frighten you; it's not all that hard. Takes a little practice is all. And awareness.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Dasmailca brings up a good point. These engines can run for hours under normal use. Days, maybe? Probably.

But there are other factors involved in whether or not you can be riding all that time. And loosening fasteners is one of them. Once the components start moving around you'll find yourself by the side of the road, tearing out your hair, cussing, etc.

Don't let us frighten you; it's not all that hard. Takes a little practice is all. And awareness.
Well said......