Wanting to do something different

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
The shorter reach brake becomes necessary if you go to a bigger wheel- 27 or 700 c-

if as you say, you're hard on your rims, then I probably don't recommend-
but here in florida urban, on flat smooth streets, they really work-

but comfortable with the skinnys after racing 14 years on sew-ups way back when- and I try to stay dry too.

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
clean your rims with degreaser it will help your stopping power if it is lacking. get a 36t sprocket on ebay and you'll be going faster. use a 24" wheel and your handling will feel better you'll be lower to the ground

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
The shorter reach brake becomes necessary if you go to a bigger wheel- 27 or 700 c-

if as you say, you're hard on your rims, then I probably don't recommend-
but here in florida urban, on flat smooth streets, they really work-

but comfortable with the skinnys after racing 14 years on sew-ups way back when- and I try to stay dry too.
DUH. Realized that now. lol
I'm not uber-hard on my wheels, but I did take a curb by accident one time and I know that a single wall aluminum wheel would have perished. lol
Bells, whistles and balloons give it that circus look lol
lol I'll have to pass on that suggestion. ;)
clean your rims with degreaser it will help your stopping power if it is lacking. get a 36t sprocket on ebay and you'll be going faster. use a 24" wheel and your handling will feel better you'll be lower to the ground
Hadn't thought about cleaning them. I'll use alcohol. Seems to work better than degreaser in my experience. Thought about a 24in wheel. Got a bike with one, but brakes are an issue at that point.

neum5464

Jun 13, 2013
Huntington Beach
Just be careful where you get your tires from, I ordered a set of 1.95 for my first bike, a huffy cranbrook and the chain ate through the side wall in one 5 mile ride. put on another supplier's 1.95 and it ran perfectly.

neum5464

Jun 13, 2013
Huntington Beach
The tread width was 1.95 on both sets, but some of the cheaper manufacturers don't count total tire width as worth mentioning. Just something to keep in mind when trying to order cheap tires online