Drilled a 30t sprocket fro rag joint mount today

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Couple years back I bought a 30T chain ring/sprocket from Sick B. P., used an old 44T I had laying around as a hole pattern template and drilled it for use with the stock rag joint set up.
I'm gonna mount this on a 24'' heavy spoked Wheel Master wheel with the CB110-E Shimano Hub, and put it on one of my bikes in place of the 26'' wheel that currently has a 36T sprocket on it, dont plan on gaining much speed but I've found that the lower amount of rotating mass seems to get the bike rolling quicker when I switched to a 24'' wheel and a 32T on another of my bikes.

This bike is gonna get new bars, an 1800 Lumins LED Head light, the 24'' wheel and 30t sprocket for now, later an in frame fuel tank and better brakes along with a few other odds and ends in the future when time permits.

Been away from the forum for a while, I'm getting the old bikes out again and starting to play so I just want to say hello again to all the people on here that remember me from the past and of coarse a friendly hello to alll those who have come aboard this great meeting place since I been gone.

Peace to all and happy safe motor biking.
Map
.flg.

Attachments

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Welcome back!
I've only been a member for a short time, but there is a pretty steady growth in membership, and I'm sure you'll notice. There must be plenty of folks that you know as well...
Please post pics of your project if you can, we all like seeing what other people have done.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks Trey,

Yes I can already see that there are many new members, and yes I will post pics of projects in the work, as you can see from the other pics I posted earlier my bikes are hard to keep clean, I live 10 miles from town and have to ride down 3+ miles of dirt roads before I hit pavement so dusty dirty bikes are a normal thing for me out here in the booneys..LOL!

the bike in the pic has actually already had several changes over time since I put it together, considering it is a Amazon.com $100 delivered to my door bike it has held up well, second motor and 800+ miles so far on this cheap Huffy, no issues with bike at all, I plan to upgrade front forks and brakes soon if I can find the parts I want and the time, rides good and 20-30 mile round trips in the hot Texas summer hasnt ever caused me a bit of trouble so far, running a Dax RT carb that I really like........ran great right out of the box, I shaved the head down, cleaned up the ports and that is all Ive done to the engine, first one I had on it was a smoother running engine at 32-34mph but it gave up the ghost when a crank bearing seized on the crankshaft, the current BGF motor has done well so far but only comfortably cruises at 28-30mph before the vibes get a bit more than I like for multiple mile rides.
anyway, there is a little history and a little about what I have planned for this Huffy.
Peace, Map

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Let us know how the 30 sprocket works out- I got a 32 years ago from Boygofast I've never used- and back when I was riding summers in Hilly souther Indiana-
Switched from the kit 44 to a 36 the first few months of my first build, and that worked well, but bogged on steep mile or more long hills, so I never went with the 32

Now in Florida, I have a 34 alloy spocket from Kings- that sure is smoooooooth,
and moves along nicely here where it's flat and the roads are in good shape-
the 66 handles it pretty well- and unfortunately, I'm not that light

Got a Custom drilled alloy GT sprock on the 50- a 39- and thats a good size for that, but like to see how a 36 would go on that.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Good to hear from you mapbike, I would like to try smaller sprokets on my bikes but the combination of the Terrain I ride and my 210 lbs and 48cc engines means a lot of pedaling. One bike has a 41t the other a 44t, the 44t handles the Terrain better.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Shan, it's about time you got off your backside and started building bikes again. Park those motorcycles in the garage and build something that's really fun. :) And keep us informed on the progress.
Good to see you again old friend. Welcome back.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hello there Bro.

sorry about the hilly terrain issues you face where you are, I have a few hills here but nothing that is extremely long, I have 32T on one bike 34T on one and 36T on another, all do well here where I live in central Texas, there are areas around here that would be a challenge for my bike no doubt but I have no reason to ride those hills so it doesnt bother me any to use what I have.

Great to hear from you to
Map.duh.

Good to hear from you mapbike, I would like to try smaller sprokets on my bikes but the combination of the Terrain I ride and my 210 lbs and 48cc engines means a lot of pedaling. One bike has a 41t the other a 44t, the 44t handles the Terrain better.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
There ya go Tom havent been back just a couple days and you already Dis-ing my Harley...LOL!!!!

You're right though....

I ride my motorcycles for pleasure, economy and because I can take a passenger and get where I'm going much quicker.

The motorbikes are the funnest to ride and play with by far though, I get way more attention on my motorbikes as well, people around here see motorcycles all the time, but motorized bikes are much more rare, there are two other people who have built themselves a bike around here, Ive seen them in town a couple times, havent spoken with them but maybe at some point I will and I'll tell them about this great forum if they dont already know.

Thanks again for the friendly re-welcome Tom

Shan, it's about time you got off your backside and started building bikes again. Park those motorcycles in the garage and build something that's really fun. :) And keep us informed on the progress.
Good to see you again old friend. Welcome back.

Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks Dan,

I been around, just had a lot going on, work schedule is a bit more crazy and a few other things in the mix also, I've never forgot about all the great motorbike brothers on here like yourself, just couldnt do to many things at once for a while, still a bit limited to what I would like to do because the wife has me set up with so many honey do's right now, but slowly but surely I'm chipping some of them away so I can hopefully get back on track and get to working more on the bike projects again and even more than before, wanting to get some good chain idler/tensioners made up along with a few sets of clutch pucks for anyone who may want them, just not set up like I need to be right now, but working on it and I will get it done "if the Lords willing and the creek dont rise" as the old saying around here goes...LOL!

I have plans for a couple of 4 stroker bikes as well as a few more 2 smokers and some in frame tanks and such for them, I've got some engines sitting in the shop and a few other parts but just havent had time to work on the stuff lately, but I will.

Again, glad to hear from you Dan, hope all is well on your end and you'll be seeing me around here more for sure.

Peace, Map

MapMan!! WB Buddy. Been wondering where you got off too.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks Trey,

Nice to meet you and best wishes for you on all you projects, and yes pics are great, ive learned a lot form what others have done and by just being able to see there excellent handy work, there are some extremely skilled people on this forum that have done some amazing builds and I have always enjoyed reading about and seeing pics of every single one of them, heck I even enjoy seeing the clunkers like the ones I ride....LOL! I love-em all, the good, the bad and the ugly......!

Peace, Map

Welcome back!
I've only been a member for a short time, but there is a pretty steady growth in membership, and I'm sure you'll notice. There must be plenty of folks that you know as well...
Please post pics of your project if you can, we all like seeing what other people have done.