Just Found This Site

GoldenMotor.com

Salvor6

Jan 30, 2013
Pinellas Park, FL
I was looking for parts for my new bike motor and came across this site. WOW! I had no idea motorbikes were so popular. I am a machinist and now I have a new toy I can tinker with. I will be posting my mods. The first thing I had to do was machine the front motor mount to fit my big downtube.

-Pete

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Pete,
Welcome to the forum. You've found the right place to share your hobby with others and to get any help you might need to work out the kinks of a first build. There's a world of talent and information available here and all are willing to share it with you.
Keep us posted on your progress.

And I wonder how many know that Pinellas is a type of pine tree :)
Tom

Last edited:

Salvor6

Jan 30, 2013
Pinellas Park, FL
Thanks. Pinellas actually means "point of pines." I'm really surprised I don't see more motorized bikes around here. You can ride all year round. Today got into the high 70's.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. With your skills, you will produce some really unique bike/motor combos. The "DIY non-kit" subforum on this site will likely be your favorite.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks. Pinellas actually means "point of pines." I'm really surprised I don't see more motorized bikes around here. You can ride all year round. Today got into the high 70's.
LOL, I was being facetious but my brand of humor doesn't always come across in print.

I was born and raised in Miami, lived on the west coast for some time and still have family in the Sunshine State. I've been in Colorado since the late 70s but Florida will probably always be 'home' to me.

Actually we have a lot of Florida members. Check the member map. You might be surprised.

http://zeemaps.com/map?group=178631

Tom

Last edited: