Seattle area motorbicyclists with shop?

GoldenMotor.com

douglasseattle

Oct 5, 2010
United States
HI

I wish I had a shop. I want a super commuter based on a moderately high end road bike with racing wheels. My hope is to have a fast, reliable and lightweight bike with a cvt transmission. I imagine that it will need to be entirely custom.

I think it would be fun to get together with other enthusiasts in the area and put our heads together and create some really cool units

Douglas.wee.

Projectxile

Aug 30, 2012
Seattle washington
Sounds like a fun project. I build motorized bikes in my shop from time to time, and the only thing about big wheels is the stress on the spokes. 36 or 40 tandem setups seem to be the strongest. What motor are you doing?
Carey
Project exile

douglasseattle

Oct 5, 2010
United States
Hi

I now have a happy time, but am looking to go ground up and something more relable, faster, and perhaps more economical. I prefer to keep it as light as possible and, as a former bike racer, I would like it not to look so clunky.

As for wheels, I like the Mavic straight pull spokes as they are incredibly strong and light. Since they are straight pull, they will not break at the heads.

Is a cvt transmission possible or would a jackshaft be the way to go? I am guessing the jack shaft is more efficient.

There are a number of projects I would like to try. A fully shelled trike that is aerodynamic but still has a simple shell (coroplast or something similiar)

My friend commutes on his electric bike, but how great it would be to not be completely exposed to the weather.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I am constantly coming up with ideas with no way to implement them

Doug

Projectxile

Aug 30, 2012
Seattle washington
Im working on one now that is using a 98cc Honda clone motor, looks like a Briggs.
Cvt can be done, but I prefer a jack shaft system. A enclosed tricycle recumbent sounds interesting.
I've done a few high powered electric bikes and seem to do very well in the wet when built right.
Carey
Project exile