Noob attempts a Felt MP build: Have mercy on me.

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have had a picture I printed out 3 yrs ago of a MP tacked to board in my office all that time.

Great looking bikes and almost scream to get motorized.

I wanted to put a rifle scabbard on it. That would look cool. Get ya pulled over but really cool.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I have had a picture I printed out 3 yrs ago of a MP tacked to board in my office all that time.

I wanted to put a rifle scabbard on it. That would look cool. Get ya pulled over but really cool.
LOL I'm still miffed over trying to stuff a 11HP Lifan GX200 clone, only to have to settle for a 49cc Huasheng. The Huasheng fits with room to spare so I just have to live with it. I have a Lithium Ion motorcycle battery powering a LED headlight, cell phone, and GPS so I can't really complain much.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles

I don't know of any stock bike made that deserves a engine more than the Felt MP. I wish they still had the desert version and this version to choose from though. I'm trying to get it to look as close to a motorcycle with pedals as I can possibly make it and still keep the MP theme intact. I'm gonna order a military stencil and spray the M and P with the star in the middle of the two letters on the tank. I miss those MP letters for some strange reason.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh man Mike, I think the olive drab version makes her look like a WW2 classic!

Gonna get lots of folks asking ya how old and the like.

LOL, there are no mistakes in buying parts or engines. Just spares! Should see my pile o' stuff.....

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Nice...im diggin the progress... the seat is pretty cool and yes, agreed on the mp...its just one of those bikes that screams...PUT A MOTOR ON MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! lol.. Nice build man...check out my mp thread....who knows maybe get an idea or 2.. maybe not

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=34820
Your MP brings back distant memories of mine. LOL
I somehow drifted a bit away from the original. I miss the tan grips and seat but the original seat felt like I was sitting on concrete. I need all the padding down there I can get and I wasn't getting any from that seat.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Nice...im diggin the progress... the seat is pretty cool and yes, agreed on the mp...its just one of those bikes that screams...PUT A MOTOR ON MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! lol.. Nice build man...check out my mp thread....who knows maybe get an idea or 2.. maybe not

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=34820
I like your ammo cans on the back but they look too new. You need to scratch them up some more. Maybe put a few bullet holes in them as well, to keep it real. laff

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That bike is sweet sure hope things work out... Another local rider is always welcome
CCC do you make custom bike frames to order? I just can't do what I really want to do with a stock bicycle frame......not even a Felt. I don't want to deal with mounting engines at all crazy angles just to get it to fit. I want the big frame designed around the engine, not the other way around. I'm totally frustrated with stock bikes. :-||

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Hmm, not sure who is the LA area dealer Mike. Could contact Scotto or AZBill.
Ok thanks for that.
Seat height is 28" to keep the center of gravity low and to aid the vertically challenged. The black box in the front houses a 12v Lithium Ion motorcycle battery to power the horn, headlight, GPS and cell phone via 2 onboard weatherproof cigarette lighter sockets. I like to keep it simple.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
That is cool! I had not heard of it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bla....,cf.osb&fp=a05ad1bd3a046263&biw=1024&bih=456

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Reflective-Safety-Tape-Adhesive/dp/B000NPNXP6

Great safety device. (Did you mention this and I missed it or spaced? really cool thing)
No, I just added it. I figure I need to be seen from the sides at night because the rest of the bike is either black or olive drab. It is totally black until hit with direct light. It's crazy stuff but works great.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles