Hey guys, been away for a long time...

GoldenMotor.com

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
HI guys! Long time no see... You miss me??? I haven't started up MotoSchwinn II now for a few years, I can't even remember the fuel mix. But I thought I'd drag her out next weekend and fire her up... Any suggestion about that after 2 years in mothballs?

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
32:1 mix and you'll be on the road again :)

Good to see old faces coming back to say hello, Schwinn. Thanks for checking in with us. Welcome back :)
Tom

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'd guess one thing you might check is the float bowl. Two years is plenty of time for the gas to evaporate and leave behind goo. Change out any gas in the tank for fresh, check the filter and you should be good to go. :)

By the way, nice bike :)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Moto! Welcome back!!!

(I hate when folks stop posting. Always think it is some horror story from the "MBs in the news" thread)

Just yesterday looked up an old thread by eDj http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=2020 and was wondering where ya been. He is MIA too!

Just what I do and to answer your question, I clean the plug head, turn the engine over gently a few turns then hit it hard until she turns over. Works unless some thing else is wrong and kinda think cleaning the plug up is over kill but I always do it.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I say do all that has been mentioned, and be sure to clean the air filter and then coat it well with filter oil.

People install the cloth filters on these bike or other engines and some don't realize that without out spraying that filter in filter oil it's not much better than having no filter at all, same with the foam filters.

Best wishes for fun safe riding.

Peace, Map