Dirt Bike clutch handle

GoldenMotor.com

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I want to use a real clutch Handle. I feel like the clutch handles that they make for these kits are to cheap and eventually are going to break. Has anybody ever use a real dirt bike handle or any other bike handle? How was it better? I really don't care if it locks. And I know it will cost more. As long as it's quality. Or should I get ( Al clutch roller). It's suppose to reduce the clutch tension up to 80%. I would like to hear from the people who have use this? Thanks (p)

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I never have used AlFisherman's clutch roller mod but I do replace the kit clutch levers with bicycle brake levers. They won't break so easily like the kit levers. I have yet to miss the lock button feature either as I just use a piece of wire wrapped around the hand grip and lever if I ever need to lock the clutch in the dis-engaged position.
I also throw away the kit clutch cable and use a quality bicycle brake cable bought from a bicycle shop, not WallyWorld. They have teflon liners and a coated inner wire in them and that makes the pull effort super easy. I could operate the clutch with my pinky finger if I wanted to.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
If you listen to half the things people say about the parts in these kits, then that makes me the luckiest guy on this forum, because I have yet to have a part fail on me. My first kit came with a leaky petcock, but other than that, never had a bad part. same kit for almost two years.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I like having the button lockout on my clutch lever, but I try to use my clutch as little as possible. I usually kill my motor at a stoplight. A 'real' lever from a db would undoubtedly feel better, but I just don't use it much. I have my clutch tucked down under my front brake lever, which is my go-to brake.
Good riding!
rc