titan dax motor,what is it??

GoldenMotor.com

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
I want to know how they got the drive to the right side of the engine, the P.T.O is turning clockwise, and driving the crank sprocket, why are we bothering with jackshafts, when this simple idea is here, it has a neat 5 to 1 reduction box, fits our huasheng and honda 50,s apparently.

but drive gear sticking out in the wrong direction for most of us. Is it possible to turn our engines gearboxes, and clutch, and pull starter, to the opposite side. IE working off the same engine drive shaft??

as the drive, is obviously still turning clockwise?? using thats dax freewheel crank kit. and a 10 tooth drive sprocket, no freewheel needed here. down to a 44 tooth wheel at the crank. any ideas??

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I want to know how they got the drive to the right side of the engine, the P.T.O is turning clockwise, and driving the crank sprocket, why are we bothering with jackshafts, when this simple idea is here, it has a neat 5 to 1 reduction box, fits our huasheng and honda 50,s apparently.

but drive gear sticking out in the wrong direction for most of us. Is it possible to turn our engines gearboxes, and clutch, and pull starter, to the opposite side. IE working off the same engine drive shaft??

as the drive, is obviously still turning clockwise?? using thats dax freewheel crank kit. and a 10 tooth drive sprocket, no freewheel needed here. down to a 44 tooth wheel at the crank. any ideas??
I have no idea as to what dax titan you are referring to as a dax titan is a Huasheng engine and PTO is counter clockwise on the left hand side, not clockwise???????

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
to scotto, read the letter again, when i said clockwise. i was thinking as looking at the engine from the right side, as i said if we could turn the parts around. look up on youtube, thatsdax forward mounting top of frame mount. and you will see where i am coming from. sorry if i did not make it clear.

as for the solex mention. go to velosolex velo solex to read the latest news. pity it is a 2stroke though. But interesting to see what the british gov. does about it. could work for us. or against us.

if it is a huasheng engine dax are using, how did they get the carb and exaust. the opposite way around, and still have the drive sprocket turning clockwise, looking at it from the right side scotto.

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
yes scotto. you got it, I want to know if this engine could be fitted lower down in the frame. It is still a different engine to our normal ones, HOW.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The engine is just mounted backwards, the exhaust is to the rear, the carb is in front. The engine still runs ccw, but since it's turned around, it runs the right direction on the right side. Nothing magical there. It looks to be a very lame set-up, I think you'ld be better off with a friction front wheel drive....and that's not sayin much.

dnut

to scotto, read the letter again, when i said clockwise. i was thinking as looking at the engine from the right side, as i said if we could turn the parts around. look up on youtube, thatsdax forward mounting top of frame mount. and you will see where i am coming from. sorry if i did not make it clear.

as for the solex mention. go to velosolex velo solex to read the latest news. pity it is a 2stroke though. But interesting to see what the british gov. does about it. could work for us. or against us.

if it is a huasheng engine dax are using, how did they get the carb and exaust. the opposite way around, and still have the drive sprocket turning clockwise, looking at it from the right side scotto.

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
thanks guys. I had already figured it out half an hour ago. before i saw the latest posts, dam i thought i was going to beat you lot. still yes you could do it just by turning the engine around carb at the front, exaust to the rear, and you would only need 2 gears in the box. not 3. the engine main shaft would be fitted to the gearbox cog going anti clockwise and the gear to the left turning clockwise. driving the crank sprocket forwards, simple things are when you know how. using dax gearbox, which seems reasonable at $22.95 i think the price was. gets around the rubbish hoot gearboxes. but mine seems to be working ok and quite, as it uses 2 sprockets in the box 9 tooth and a 27 tooth chain driven, with a 11 tooth drive sprocket front and 48 tooth on the rear wheel. could do with a stronger clutch though, they are weak.

Now how can we make this turned around engine a better fit in a bikes frame,?? yes it may stick out a little, but no worse than what we have at the moment, i have bruises on my left knee peddaling, trying to get my leg around that large hoot gearbox. thanks for your input guys.

now how can we make this idea a better fit in the bike frame, and lower,???

Last edited: