I think the kit I bought came with oil already in it, i didnt know, now its broken?.

GoldenMotor.com

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
I put in 20 ounces of oil in it and it idled very low but would turn off unless I throttled it. Then after awhile just stopped turning on all together.

I took the oil cap off and as soon as I did the oil spewed out of it everywhere, after that it worked a little bit, but still lost power, then returned to not turning on shortly after.

I turned the bike over and let it all run out (the oil), now it turns on with normal power, only left it on for a few seconds, but when I let it sit over night it now no longer turns on anymore..

I cleaned the spark plug and it didn't do anything, what should I do, get more oil?, or is my engine shot? /: .. Hellp thanks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: I think the kit I bought came with oil already in it, i didnt know, now its broke

I hope you're talking about a 4 stroke engine. Provide us with a little more information on exactly what you have then maybe we can help.

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
Re: I think the kit I bought came with oil already in it, i didnt know, now its broke

Are you really?. Yes that's the exact same motor. Its quite easy actually just tip the motor and fill it up hah... but only 4oz?.. 0_0

Are you really physic tho?.

Ok so the choke lever broke off and I got the engine not knowing it had one. i just got done cleaning the carb, so when I put it back together ile see if that fixes it.

I found that it had a clutch lever when I searched that motor, i was unaware of the name, Thanks so much!.

Last edited:

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida

Yeah it did smoke a bit. OK im sorry, I think it may be the huaseng motor because it looks just like it. However I do have a like to it.

Can anyone tell me what motor this is and how many oz of oil it takes?. Thanks so much

Link

4 stroke Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Gas BIKE 49CC YXM - eBay (item 130360501172 end time Aug-18-10 03:06:29 PDT)

Engine specs.

The engine did smoke for a little.

Engine Type : Air-cooled 4-Stroke OHV Single Cylinder
Max Power(kw/r/min) : 1.5 KW / 2 HP / 7000
Fuel Consumption(g/kw·h) : ≤480
Fuel Consumption(L/h): 0.78
Displacement(cc) : 49

Ignition System : TCI
Compression Ratio : 7.4
Carburetor : Float
Starting System : Recoil
Net Weight(kg) : 7

Dimensions(mm) :288x272x250

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

Just to clarify:

A pint is 16 oz.
A quart is 32 oz.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona

that looks to be a HuaSheng 142F engine,,,
it takes 250ml of 10w30 (aprox 1/4 quart)

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida

My motor seized About 5 minutes ago I think. The pull start is completely locked.

The person that is (Physic) Y did you delete your post about the 4 ounces of oil?, did you mean 8?, because I think you might have just cost me a motor.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

My motor seized About 5 minutes ago I think. The pull start is completely locked.

The person that is (Physic) Y did you delete your post about the 4 ounces of oil?, did you mean 8?, because I think you might have just cost me a motor.
Ummmm.....read your first post!

EDIT: Let me clarify, in your first post (of multiple posts) in this thread you said you put 20ozs. of oil in your engine. For 1; I seriously doubt 20 ozs. would even fit in this engine. 2; you drained it and ran with no oil in it. 3; advice has been givin to you, but you fail to adhear to any of it. 4; It sounds like you bought a bad motor to begin with and you continue too make it worse. 5; no one is responsible for ruining your already broken motor but you.

4oz. of oil was recommended by more than one person and that IS approx. what the recommended capacity of this motor is! Any more questions???

Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas

it may be hydro locked you will probly have to pull the spark plug to see if its full of oil on the top end

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

That is a good point hydro locked.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

Got any pictures of your setup? I'm really curious on how you have your motor mounted because the only way that I can figure that you got 20oz of oil into a crankcase that is designed to hold 4oz. is that you somehow have the motor mounted on it's side.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

Checking on bicycle-engines. com the engines are shipped dry, no oil in them.
The engine requires 250ml of 30wt oil.
250ml = 8.453505639725oz.
Here's a link to the converter I used:
Convert ml to oz - Conversion of Measurement Units

Remember, 8.4oz is plumb full. 4oz is only 1/2 of plumb full, but it is still enough to not harm it if if ran for short periods of time.

Here's a link to the PDF manual. You can read it for your self if you want to.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/4-Stroke-Manual.pdf

If you actually squeezed 20 oz on oil in it, that is 2.5 times too much!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Checking on bicycle-engines. com the engines are shipped dry, no oil in them.
The engine requires 250ml of 30wt oil.
250ml = 8.453505639725oz.
Here's a link to the converter I used:
Convert ml to oz - Conversion of Measurement Units

Remember, 8.4oz is plumb full. 4oz is only 1/2 of plumb full, but it is still enough to not harm it if if ran for short periods of time.

Here's a link to the PDF manual. You can read it for your self if you want to.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/4-Stroke-Manual.pdf

If you actually squeezed 20 oz on oil in it, that is 2.5 times too much!
Let me just say then, I own one and can't even fit 5ozs. in it....4ozs. is full. And yes, those be fluid ounces, to be clear!

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida

I tipped it on its side and put the oil in it before I mounted it on its frame when I put 20 oz of oil in it. However The reason I Had the problem with it starting up was because the choke switch broke off the motor during shipping and later vibrated to being closed.

I ran it 50 miles with the originally recommended but now deleted for some reason 4oz of oil and the motor is now dead and smells terrible and completely locked up.

I'm going to return it, the instructions for the return tho reads..

Hi friend,
Please open the gear box,and check what the problem.
and if check the problem,please send some photos to us,this is our email:[email protected]

regard.

does anyone know Where is the gear box is on this this motor?. Thanks

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi

If you're able to get another motor PLEASE READ the manual!:rolleyes:

Dude, trying to blame another member for your mistake is not cool.

The reason you had trouble starting it was because you FILLED the crankcase with oil making it hard to turn the engine over.

1 you stated you overfilled the engine with oil.
2 you stated you ran the engine with no oil.

The problems with your engine are entirely your fault. If you don't know what you're doing DO NOT put another engine on a bike until you do.

I only hope you didn't get the engine from on of the vendors that advertise here.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

I put in 20 ounces of oil in it and it idled very low but would turn off unless I throttled it. Then after awhile just stopped turning on all together.

I took the oil cap off and as soon as I did the oil spewed out of it everywhere, after that it worked a little bit, but still lost power, then returned to not turning on shortly after.

I turned the bike over and let it all run out (the oil), now it turns on with normal power, only left it on for a few seconds, but when I let it sit over night it now no longer turns on anymore..

I cleaned the spark plug and it didn't do anything, what should I do, get more oil?, or is my engine shot? /: .. Hellp thanks
You couldn't put 20 ozs. of oil in the engine, even if you stood the bike up like this!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

Let me just say then, I own one and can't even fit 5ozs. in it....4ozs. is full. And yes, those be fluid ounces, to be clear!
I can't argue with that, man. I don't want to argue either.
I was just trying to help, found the manual, and did the conversion.
I'm outta here.
Peace.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

I can't argue with that, man. I don't want to argue either.
I was just trying to help, found the manual, and did the conversion.
I'm outta here.
Peace.
No worries G-Nut, no argument either, I believe all your info is correct. I was just pointing out how much oil I put in my HuaSheng 142F 49cc 4-stroke, it won't even hold 5 ozs. raising the rear tire of off the ground...that's all. Everything is good, cept this guy's engine....