where can i get some more blue stuff for sbp pipe?

GoldenMotor.com

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I need some more of the blue rubber that comes with the sbp's pipe.Whats it called and where can i get a few more inches? thanks

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
erm...

Been kinda thinkin' bout that myself lately, I would "assume" that any good hardware supply/auto parts would stock hi-temp silicone tubing... but ya know how assumptions go lol Worst case scenario ya could just order it from SBP, but that is awkward. I'd like some myself as I'm planning on pullin' it to repaint and this stuff is gonna crack eventually.

*sigh* there's always google, but I do so like to be able to pick up the thing I wanna buy - peer, shake, n'sniff at it as needed and then pay if it passes my "monkey test" (warning: I will also fling if deemed needful) :p

I'm also conceited 'nuff to dislike the blue on my bike, me wants black o.o

Last edited:

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
BLUE STUFF in title thread caught my eye, when this mysterious stuff is IDENTIFIED please reveal its name to the rest of us, it sounds scary! posted on 10-31

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
As was already mentioned you can get it from us but most hi performance auto parts stores have it as well. It is fiber reinforced silicone tubing. You can usually get it in black, red and blue. Sadly black has the least heat resistance and red has the most and wouldn't you know it the higher the heat rating the more expensive it is.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
You can usually get it in black, red and blue. Sadly black has the least heat resistance...
NOOOoooo! :(

I will suffer for mine art, I'll just buy a coupla feet of the stuff and replace as needed lol

BLUE STUFF in title thread caught my eye, when this mysterious stuff is IDENTIFIED please reveal its name to the rest of us, it sounds scary! posted on 10-31
Secruts bandito o.o I WILL NEVVOR TELL!

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
No I haven't but I do not ride with shorts on. Not a good idea anyway IMHO. The only time it actually will touch your leg at all is if you stand up and squeeze your legs together. I will eventually put a heat shield on it but it is way down on the priority list.

Prasinos

Dec 1, 2008
California
just cover the pipe with cotton cloth like an oven mitt and youl have no worries. Also you can buy Permatex "muffler and tailpipe bandage" its a wrap for exausts that cures under heat.