gas tanks

GoldenMotor.com

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
I don't think it looks any dumber than those that come with the Chinese kits. I does look like a bigger tank than appropriate for most builds IMO.

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
its not too bad.. I like how it wraps over the top tube unlike the cheap looking peanut tank. I'm interested in getting a couple of those actually..

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida

Attachments

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Try to find capacity...the ones below have descent color choices paint has to be baked on for fuel not to affect it. I did not see a gas cap on it either or a downspout/valve.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I think the OP forgot to add in shipping plus custom fees :(
last time I looked full engine kits were approx 21-25$ before the added costs

Bill.......it's a gas tank....not a full engine kit.....I'm not understanding where you're coming from....please enlighten me......

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I agree Bill that price is FOB China. Now you have to add shipping, import fee, brokering. I just bought a yamaha enduro 60 tank off ebay for $26 shipped. I looked for a long time to get a reasonable deal on one that had a cap and was in fair shape. Problem is for most bikes the max tank length is about 16" - 18". I also wanted a tank that wasn't to wide. I just finished sanding it up I'll post a pic. It has a couple dings to fix but it's just the right size for me. The tanks really need the tunnel to give them a more "part of the bike" look.

sandedTank.JPG

sandTank2.JPG

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Salty,
I was trying to say that the price quoted was to BUY the tanks in china...
they still have to get here and pass customs,,,neither is free nor cheap
the example of the kit price (21-25$) was quoted before the final cost of 70-80$ delivered to AZ
mind you, that was quoted to me 2.5 years ago for a pallet of kits :)
hope that explained it better

Last edited:

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Salty,
I was try to say that the price quoted was to BUY the tanks in china...
they still have to get here and pass customs,,,neither is free nor cheap
the example of the kit price (21-25$) was quoted before the final cost of 70-80$ delivered to AZ
mind you, that was quoted to me 2.5 years ago for a pallet of kits :)
hope that explained it better

Oh !....right,right...sorry for me being such a Homer Simpson there.....brain blow and all that....my bad

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
I think the OP forgot to add in shipping plus custom fees :(
last time I looked full engine kits were approx 21-25$ before the added costs
your right. I always forget about the freaking delivery cost. Let me see if there are any manufacturers Stateside.