WhisperDrive Ready for Production!

GoldenMotor.com

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
OK we're on schedule w/ the production of the WhisperDrive!

The first run is going to be of limited quantities and on a pre-reserve basis. To avoid over/under production, customers who'd like to reserve their Whisper Drive 4 stroke Bicycle Motor Kit can place a refundable deposit of $50 and place themselves on the list. We'd be foolish not to make a few extra, but don't count on it, reserve yours now!

We'll be compiling the list for a week or so at which point we'll start production. Turn around should be quick (just a couple weeks) and people should start seeing their kits in the 1st wk of May.

For now, customers will supply their own motor; the Harbor Freight, Lifan etc 3600-5000 rpm motors will work w/ this system (motors other than HF 79cc 2.5hp and Lifan 97cc 2.5hp could require modification of mounting holes)

The Production Model will be Upgraded w/ an Automatic Belt Tensioner

At $440 (+sh) The kit will include: The WhisperDrive 4 stroke Drive System, Universal Motor Mount, Straight Pipe Exhaust, Throttle Conversion Assembly, Final Drive Chain, Rag Joint Sprocket and Wide Cranks.

At $540 (+sh) All of the above w/ HD MotorBicycle rear Wheel (Grubee hd axle fw sprocket hub w/ hd spokes, alloy rim and band brake).

Ordered w/ a kit Air Cleaner and Chain Tensioner kits are just $20ea additional

Please feel free to post or pm questions.

Deposits can be made through Paypal w/ credit or debit card, pm me w/ your email and I can send you an invoice.

Thanks again, Evan, Dan and Charity FireBelly Cycles

For more info regarding The FireBelly WhisperDrive follow this link or pm me w/ ?'s, Evan

http://motorbicycling.com/f37/new-frame-4-stroke-kit-development-13442-32.html

xct2.

Attachments

Last edited:

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I'm happy to see it all come together. when do you think you'll eventually sell a kit with the HF engine? you'll probably cut down on your liability if you don't. I suspect that's why sick bike parts doesn't sell an engine with their kit. Good luck :)

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
That exhaust is no longer being used, the one being sold w/ the kit curves in toward the seat post before swinging back to the rear avoiding the legs. Performance we are happy w/, On my rig w/ just over 8:1 reduction and 700c wheels it starts from a stop ok and exceeds 40mph. Dans bike is reduced more like 11:1 w/ 26" wheels and his bike takes off great and pulls mid 30's. Theres a vid on youtube showing off the exhaust note and a pipe very similar to what's being offered

YouTube - ShellyBelly WhisperDrive

and these 2 w/ the proper pipe!

YouTube - firebellycycles's Channel

YouTube - firebellycycles's Channel

Cheers!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
We certainly understand. However for us the $50 represents commitment which represents an accurate count. This being the cottage industry that it is it would be very easy for us to over or under produce. Under producing is frustrating for sure but overproducing could be crippling.

If you would like to guarantee your reservation Then put down a deposit. If your interested but don't want to put down a deposit please let us know you want one. That will give us still a better idea.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I understand your position in over producing and under producing a product but availability
is just as important. Who would want to order something and if the demand was to high and
just to get your money returned is a kick in the shyster and then they come up with a 1 percent
unsatisfied customer list that they justify because they put you there in the first place. I am sure
your business represent a better business procedure than this.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
We sure strive to do better. Sorry to hear about your troubles. We will work w/ everyone who wants a WhisperDrive. If, for whatever reason, you are uncomfortable w/ a deposit let us know. We'll take care of you. The deposit should not be a reason not to buy one.

We just want to be realistic about sales. We expect runs to be short at first and to pick up as word travels. As for avilability, we have the ability to produce any part or whole system on our own, we're just not set up for production; spares and replacement parts will be avail.

Thanks, Evan

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Sure,
This kit will fit new Schwinn Cruisers or MTB's and road frames (or really any v frame) w/ a 19" (from center of bottom bracket to absolute top of the seat tube) or larger frame. Thanks, Evan