Loss in power along with oil/fuel “popping” out of air intake: Blown head gasket??

GoldenMotor.com

Ocean7

Jun 9, 2009
USA
.shft.Hi guys, I'm kinda new to motorized bicycles. I installed an 80 cc kit on my MB which went smooth.

The bike has been running well for around 8 weeks, and ride it everyday! It is awesome! I have been taking it slow for engine break in purposes and have been following the instructions that came with the kit regarding engine break in, and all was going well until today. I took it out for a spin and after about 20 min it lost power and started spitting fuel/oil mix out the air intake on the carb with loud "popping". It seemed as if the engine was back firing out the carb or something?

I'm curious if this has ever happened to anyone and what exactly the problem might be?

Any advice much appreciated :)

Ocean7

Jun 9, 2009
USA
Re: Loss in power along with oil/fuel “popping” out of air intake: Blown head gasket?

My Name is Allan by the way, I came across this site while trying to find solution to my bike breakdown. its a really cool site, I'm surprised I did not come across it sooner

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Re: Loss in power along with oil/fuel “popping” out of air intake: Blown head gasket?

Hmmm sounds like a ring problem, if it is popping and spitting out gas then you are getting blow through from the rings pushing the fuel mix back up to the carb.\\

Other will be around to put their expert advice too so hang on for a bit.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Lots of fuel coming out of the carb filter. sounds like the float bowl is sticking or needs adjusting. Look in our classic post section. There you will find lots of facts.

Ocean7

Jun 9, 2009
USA

Awesome :) I'll give that a try, thanx for your advice