Puerto Rico La Jolla Build

GoldenMotor.com

onedroppr

Jan 10, 2013
PR USA
Hi,

First of all I need to remark how good is this forum. I'm Tony from Ponce, in the south coast of PR.

This is my build. La Jolla Aluminum Cruiser. 66cc engine with BGF VooDoo expansion pipe. There you can notice the insulation I put on the header to avoid burning my leg.

Although it's on break in yet, it moves pretty good. Using Klotz syntethic oil with 91 octane fuel at 24:1 for now. Then I'll move to 32:1.

Here is the detail of the pipe:

Hope everyone likes it. Feedback is very welcome!!

Last edited:

Risingsunn

Nov 24, 2012
Maricopa Arizona
So what do you think of the Voodoo pipe? Though I still haven't made the leap into something beyond stock but would like to know if it's really worth the $50 vs some of the other good pipes out there.

onedroppr

Jan 10, 2013
PR USA
Thanks to all for the good vibes. About the pipe, it give a smooth top end response. Engine feels more alive. About sound it's pretty quite, but giving a nice 2-stroke scrambler sound.

Fitting the engine was a heavy task. Right now I'm running it without filter and with a shorty "oregon" spark plug. At the moment of the build I haven't access to a "slant head".

Is there any shorty spark plug that delivers the same performance as a NGK big plug?

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
my very first build was a la jolla...love the bike but it was a pain to get the motor in, change your front mount to a muffler exhaust clamp...you will save yourself a lot of trouble...check your wheels often i found that the torque from the motor kept screwing with my rear hub and finally ingested its bearings...also since its aluminum you cant weld your tensioner in place...be sure to secure it as best as you can...my tensioner pulled into the wheel and sna[[ed off 6 spokes, ate the coaster break arm, and snapped the chainstay on the engine side...i still use the 5inch mini apes for handlebars that came stock...love the look and even went so far as to paint parts that same burnt orange...good luck and welcome to your new addiction

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
onedropp Fitting the engine was a heavy task. Right now I'm running it without filter and with a shorty "oregon" spark plug. At the moment of the build I haven't access to a "slant head". Is there any shorty spark plug that delivers the same performance as a NGK big plug?[/QUOTE said:
Get a filter on in real quick you can score your piston too easily if dirt gets in there !:-||