Hey guys i'm new, and need some guidance lol

GoldenMotor.com

monty26

Sep 25, 2011
Mississauga
I have a good quality bike now that i want to put a motor kit in it but im not to sure were to buy one. Im from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada and ive been looking on kijiji but theres not many there. Im askin if anyone knows of a good place to get a motor kit thats not horribly cheaply chinese made. Just wanna know the best kits.

Thanks alot, Mike

broke and hungry

Aug 21, 2011
Springfield Missouri
Pistonbikes.com is a good start and take a look at both sides of this website. (to the left and right) Read up on general stuff and be ready when you place your order, get as much in 1 shippment so you dont forget some stuff. IMPORTANT: Think brakes before you think speed!!!! The more the better.

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
You should check out the laws first. There's nothing worse than having your bike impounded plus a fine on a bike you just sunk a bunch of money into. I don't know what the laws are in Ontario. I just know in New Brunswick that basically if it's a bicycle you must pedal it. No motor whatsoever including electric. Unless you don't mind keeping it off road. Then you can do pretty much what you like. As long as you register and insure it as an off road vehicle.
Anyway you can also check out Zoom Bicycle in British Columbia. I haven't dealt with them in a couple years but they have good service and fast delivery. At least when i dealt with them they did.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
ZoomBicycle's sales and service are both good, I've picked up from them a couple of times myself but they are currently out of stock, I think we're looking at 3-5 weeks until they have the next shipment in.

I'm not sure what the laws on Ontario are these days, it's been about 4 years since we moved out here, but a friend of mine there mentioned in an email the other day that "...if it's gas powered and over 50cc ya gotta have a license, a class LSM, Limited Speed Motorcycle, for Mopeds and Gopeds, and insurance..."

So based on that, you might want to consider a 49cc motor unless you're willing to deal with the ministry there.

motoguy

May 21, 2021
ANYONE FROM NEW JERSEY, USA THAT CAN MESSAGE ME ABOUT ASSEMBLY AND I WILL PAY CASH ASAP