Hi from Bothell, WA

GoldenMotor.com

GinnyNelson_Ruter

Sep 17, 2009
Bothell, WA
I'm interested in learning more about motorized bicycles. I live in hilly country and would like to ride more often. I am interested in a solar type motor. Any help would be appreciated. daxtitg

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum, Ginny. I'm afraid I can't hellp you with that, but someone here can. You might try searching here for a thread on the subject. Good luck!

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Hi from Duvall, WA.

Not much in the way of solar bikes. Even the example given is really mostly an ebike with batteries (nothing wrong with that per se). I don't think it's at all feasible to have enough surface area to really boost a strong motor.

WELCOME!!

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
the best bet is a solar charged ebike, the problem with ebikes is the range, i think the best dude here on ebikes is deacon, hey you out there? anyway welcome and i know you will find what you are looking for here, frank

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
A direct current from the panels to the engine? o_O

No way, doubt it even if you were NASA lol I think they're ALL gonna be "mostly an ebike with batteries" unless the sun decides to go nova on us ;)

Besides, what if its cloudy?

The charm of an ebike with solar is while yer at work or w/e it's recharging for ya :D

KidSeattle

Aug 31, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hello from Seattle and welcome to the forum. Haven't seen any solar powered bikes, but a gas powered one on a sunny day is a lot of fun. Plus, you get 6X's more miles to the gallon as you do with a car.
Good luck on your search.