Been out of the 2stroke game for awhile...

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Hey guys

I am thinking of getting back in the 2 stroke scene. I have a great frame, Dyno, (Thanks DMB), to work with!

I am either going to go with another Arrow race engine, or one of Fred's race engines. I believe both engines are built from a Grubee engine.

My question for you guys is, and this is going to make me sound like a newb, what drive chain can I use? I am so used to running either a #35 or#41 on my 4 strokes. I will more than likely use a Sportsmanflyer sprocket. I know his sprockets can use either a 415 or 41.

Sorry for sounding like newb...I promise I'm not...lol! Just been out of the 2 stroke scene for quite some time now and have not kept up with it.

Thanks in advance

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
The issue is with the drive sprocket on these china girls. They will only take certain size chains and there is not a whole lot of room to work with. Thanks for the reply...

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
410 is standard single speed bike chain, that came in my first kit. I quickly learned to replace it with #41, I've been running the same chain for almost four years now.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The hd #41 Industrial chain is about as big as you can fit without some more than ugly grinding. With the #41 you can get by with just a bit of clearancing under the sprocket cover.
Any bigger and you rub the case between sprocket and coil. No way to clearance it any more without exposing coil to weather

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
my kits are all coming in with the 415HD chains - the drive sprockets are nicely pointed to allow the fat rollers, and if drive cover rubbing occurs, it can be easily fixed by knocking out a small gap in this cover without interfering with the mag cover

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
in my opinion on a motorized bicycle like ours with the China Girl engines.

Never broke one and because I ride in such nasty dusty conditions I never oil my chains, I just a spray of maxima chain wax every now and then and I have zero issues and I have one chain thats been going strong now since 2009 with about 1300-1400 miles on it, not that much compared to some peoples bikes here but my chains stay covered in dust and dirt.

map

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Chain wax is good stuff, we used it on dirt bike chains when my son and I had bikes, mud and dirt would wash right off.

Last edited: