Hello from houston

GoldenMotor.com

steveanson

Oct 2, 2014
Houston, TX
G'day all, Steve here in houston. I'm a retired fella and this powered bicycle thing is going to be right up my ally. I love a new project. I'm very excited about getting started, though have decided to go slow and learn from the experience, successes and failures of others. I do have a bit of experience with home engineering, minor welding and fabricating small'ish parts. I have a kind of 'frankin'Schwinn jaguar that I think will become my first victim and will post pics once I get this forum business understood. I see that there is a wealth of information here, and I thank those who have shared their knowledge...Steve

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, one of the easiest ways to find a thread on what you are needing info on is to use the Google custom search box near the top of the page. Its what most of the members here do to help other find answers. Take pictures, we like pictures!

nelsonk1969

Sep 29, 2014
Lake Worth Florida 33467
Hi welcome I am also new to this as I am an ex motorcycle rider that needs to get fit and have fun at the same time.
I have yet to determine the power plant of my choice but it seems I will likely go with
with a mid drive e bike conversion with a front drive friction Honda motor for the front wheel as a back up measure incase I have a problem with range and or a electrical failure.
I am not sold completely on going strictly a gas setup as I just don't care for the noise and vibrations that a small engine will put on my neck and back that is already causing me to seek exercise and therapy.
Good luck with your project and yes well all love pictures.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
Hi Steve I am also retired. Worked 26 years as auto mechanic,body shop manager, Small engine repairs,ATV service and repairs and finally retired as Harley Davidson service manager. I currently live in Orange,Texas. If there is any thing I can help you with you can private message me as rackemblue My first name is also Steve

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
Steve there is also a motorized bicycle dealer in Houston that is very good with repairs and parts supplies.. Houstonmoterizedbicycles.com 281-570=5140 is their number Eugene is the owner. He has a U-Tube spot on bike building. you might be interested in talking with him he is close there in Houston.

steveanson

Oct 2, 2014
Houston, TX
Steve there is also a motorized bicycle dealer in Houston that is very good with repairs and parts supplies.. Houstonmoterizedbicycles.com 281-570=5140 is their number Eugene is the owner. He has a U-Tube spot on bike building. you might be interested in talking with him he is close there in Houston.
Steve, thanks for that information, I'll surely use it...S