I Need Cargo Space Any Sugestions

GoldenMotor.com

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
I use my MB as my only mode of transportation right now. Back packs suck IMO. Saying that i was thinking of putting a rear wald Rack in the back like the one in the picture. I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these any pluses or minuses?

Thanks Guys and Dames

One of these i gotta take a pic of my bike.

Attachments

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
It looks like it would carry a lot of stuff. I see no problems as long as it clears the drive chain. Here's a pic of my lockable "trunk". I use that and a front basket for my ride.

Attachments

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I've been toying with making soft sided panniers for my ride out of vinyl... But I've been lazy lately... I have a front basket that is very nice and holds a ton of junk. My problem is that I like to bring hte whole shop with me if I have the room. lol

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I like the soft saddle bags. I had a steel basket on the back and managed to hit my shin on it every time I mounted the bike.
It was mounted over the back wheel making it high.

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
The wald racks are made for bikes that go at sidewalk speeds. So in other words they may tend to want to vibrate apart if used loaded on a motorized bike? The attachment points should be screwed, glued and tattooed as well as possible to your frame and checked constantly for integrity. They will hold more weight than they should also so be careful!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Some really cool racks. Fin and hill, put yours together and wow! Lock box and great beer capacity. That's just win/win

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Where I live there are these old guys who adapt those plastic hand baskets like you see at
stores with the two folding hand grips. These come in a larger and smaller size too. What
they do is to put two larger ones on either side of the rear wheel with a smaller one mounted
atop the rear fender on a rack. Then one of the larger baskets is mounted across the handle
bars. I even saw one with an additional two smaller baskets on the front forks. For a total of
six baskets.

They go around the Stadium where the local UNI has football games picking up aluminum cans
stepping on them to crush them and then pitch them into the baskets.

I'd say it's a profitable industry for them as those baskets seems to be overflowing any time I
see them out there after a game.

Awhile back I mentioned seeing a guy on a bike who looked like a giant cabbage. He had all
these net sacks around him filled with pop cans the morning after a game. As I saw him slowly
moving down the street I noticed he wasn't pedaling the bike, and as it turned out it was an
electric bike. The first electric one I'd ever seen.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
And here's me bringing soon to be MOOP2 home.

These trailers come with the trailer arm mounted to the left side of the bike. I flipped mine over to the right for it interfered with MOOP1 at the time with the 2 stroke chain.

Riding is not too bad at all and cruising at times you forget it's even there but it's easier to ride without it.

I don't use it anymore because the Buggy Bike handles the loads now but it's good to know I have it if I ever need it.

Attachments

Last edited:

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
If you really need to carry a lot of stuff, make a single tire small trailer. There have been several on you tube when you put gas bikes in the search box. I have seen 2 of these small one & dual wheel trailers. There are a lot guys making these gas bikes utility vehicles. The most common are using the rear axle bolts to anchor the trailer on the rear of the bike. This set up would allow for 50-65 lbs of weight easily.

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I am quite satisfied with my 30 and 50 cal. ammo boxes. They mount nicely on a round rod type rack with 3 J-bolts. Enter riquimbili in google and go to the photos eDJ (Dee Jsaan) put up for me. They are here too but his will enlarge if you click on them. Also if you click on my username you can see all my posts including how I made the J-bolts. Atwoods had the 50's on sale for $2.99 from $3.99 KW

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I check craigslist every day even though I'm not really looking for anything.
That's right.
10 bucks.
Rhode Gear Bike trailer looks good cleaning out garage

I already have one otherwise I would be halfway there already.

I hate to say this but with the economy the way it's been lately local garage sales and what have you have been practically giving away their stuff for whatever you will offer just so there's less for them to move. This is the prime time for pickings. It's almost sad the deals I see on Craigslists and I see 100 new posts every day just in my town.

Last edited:

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
I got the basket set yesterday and got it installed today came with nice hardware and nylock nuts a little lock tight goes a long way i will post some pics of it this afternoon.