Arrival of the Moongoose

GoldenMotor.com

moongoose

Jan 9, 2013
VA
Hey everyone, I've been motorized bicycle riding since September. When I was a kid, I would always tell my friends how I wanted to build a motorized bicycle. Fast forward many years later, my dream has finally become a reality:

I call her the "Moongoose". Her maiden voyage took place at night, and well, the frame I used has a similar name ;)

I purposefully built her to explore the beautiful Virginia terrain, no gimmicks or added flair, just a bike for ridin'!

.xx.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
You've got abouy 4 months on me, but thanks to GearNut answering all my questions at once, my gasbike is up and running! There are still things to deal with, but I rode it for the first time today. Cool.
LR Jerry- I plan to ride it like a 62 Impala, slow with no where to go!

Last edited:

moongoose

Jan 9, 2013
VA
Looks like what I want to do to mine. Congrats. You built it? What kind of kit? How much? Problems? Time to assemble?

Thanks. Yeah, I built it with help from my fellow motorized bicycle buddy. It took about 2 days of hard work, but once that was done, it was smooth ridin' for the most part. On the first run I was having carburetor leaks, but that was fixed after adjusting a few small things. The kit was around $130. I got mine from a seller on eBay. I've probably done about 600 miles so far (including long distance trips, offroading,etc.) haven't had any problems (knock on wood), and am quite impressed :) Good luck with your build sir!

*also, I used a few aftermarket parts for my build such as upgraded hardware and fuel valve.

.wee.

Last edited: