Need some advice

GoldenMotor.com

Drew71

May 31, 2012
Nor cal
I want to build my first bike and have been having a hard time finding a vendor that will ship to ca. With our stupid ass rules. I saw Dax on this site and gave him a call really nice customer service. Does Dax sell a good product? If not who does that will ship to ca? Thank you for any help

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Drew,
Welcome to the forum. Dax has a great reputation here for solid customer service. You can buy from him with confidence. You also have Venice Motorbikes to look at. He is in California and certainly will ship to you. Check both of them. They appear in the list of sponsors you'll see down both sides of this page.

Good luck and ride safe.

Tom

Drew71

May 31, 2012
Nor cal
Thank you for the info! I see that all the kits pretty much look exactly the same. Are there any real differences, quality? Is angle plug better than straight?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Ditto, what 2dr said...

There are builders who have said the 48 motors with straight plug head seem to be balanced better... and some have also said they have seen more burned pistons with the slant plug head.

It would probably be real difficult to pin it down, with certainty. :)

Quality on these chinagirls is a crapshoot.
There's no way to tell what's gonna come up next.

Both vendors mentioned have a good reputation for service, and that's a bonus!

Best
rc

Drew71

May 31, 2012
Nor cal
Thanks for all the help! I found one on eBay for about $60 cheaper I hope that it's as good as the others. Also I just picked up a schwinn occ stingray on Craigslist for $40 and the engine bracket and exhaust and some 15" rise bars. I'll post some pics when I'm done. Thanks again!