Schwinn Riverside/Skyhawk GT-5

GoldenMotor.com

puna_trav

Mar 21, 2012
Pahoa, Hawaii
Hey all, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, and finally decided to register. I just bought this Schwinn Riverside with the Skyhawk GT-5 66cc kit on it from a friend of mine. He bought it new from a "builder" who had put it together with as much quality control as a Yugo built from spare parts. The mounts were wrong, the carb fell off constantly, and he had run the chain through the tensioner wrong. It has the "high performance" CNS carb, which I found to be very problematic. I've almost got it running well, but it still only goes around at about 1/2 throttle. A new NT carb is on the way.

I've been into scooters for a long time; I have a Honda Metropolitan with a Ruckus motor and swingarm swap, as well as a Yamaha Razz with a 150cc GY6 on it... this seems like a good addition to the family brnot

So far, I've righted the wrongs of the original builder, and generally gave the bike a good once over. I flipped the stock bars, and plan to make a layback seat post next weekend. I still need fenders, because I live in a place that gets 140" a year, and the bike stripe up my back gets old fast.
Sorry for the quality of the pics, I couldn't find my camera, so I took them with the phone.

The Metropolitan and the Razz:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have some 2 wheel experience so this hobby is right up your ally.
Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

puna_trav

Mar 21, 2012
Pahoa, Hawaii
Thanks for the welcome, Tom. I like scooters because of how cheap everything is for them, but this bike is even cheaper! I built the Razz from scratch--the mounts are all home made, as well as the lighting and bracing. I love to fabricate (although I'm not the greatest with it zpt) I can't wait to tear into this thing!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard!

I just got a nightmare schwinn, also.
just about got the probs with it solved.
I like the frame and brakes and stuff... It will be better than my last motorized bicycle.
Good luck
rc