The luckiest break EVER!

GoldenMotor.com

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Hi guys,
This morning I woke up and I knew it was going to be a good day. I got on facebook and I talked to a buddy of mine, Billy, who I knew had at least one motorized bike. I got to talking to him about whether he'd sell it, and he said he would sell it and a whole bunch of parts to me for only $75. The thing was and is ugly and still needs some love. I put a good throttle on it that came in another kit, I swapped out the cdi I with a better one I had, I put in an ngk spark plug I had laying around and after some adjusting the brakes, I was ready to go. It turns out that this is a 68.5cc, as big as they come! It had A LOT of power right from the start, but it also had a "lumpy" ride to it. I think the wheel bearings are shot and the wheels are misaligned. The engine runs GREAT when it is off the ground and I can throttle it up, but there is that "lumping" that happens, I think the rear axle might even be bent, but I don't really care that much, I have all kinds of bike parts and engine parts lying around so I'll be able to fix it, I know! As if one working bike for that price wasn't good enough, I also got a sick bike parts expansion chamber and a kings sales and service 27 tooth sprocket! On closer inspection I realized the "donor" bike that Billy got that he gave to me had a teflon coated clutch cable and a working speedometer. It also has better brakes than the running one so I think I'll do a swap. The engine on the not-working bike is not seized, and looks good in the cylinder, so I think it will be a good source of parts as well! He also gave me bags of parts, I have washers, cable knarps, derailures, shifters, bolts, ball bearings, and three other sprockets! It's like Christmas, what a good day!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Nice score LS..that SBP chamber is a good plus!! Now you have a fleet ! LMK if you need an axle Im going to be ripping apart a hub for bearings and shoes and dont need the axle. Now get to work!!

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I like how the engine fits into the black frame, nice and snug, without a lot of extra 'air' around it, like you see with some frames, know what i mean?

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Yeah, it is a FUGLY bike when seen up close, but I kinda like her. I think I'm gonna name her Stinky on account of she aint got a catalytic converter so she's got a nice smell. Smells a bit, aint purdy, but she's got the heart of a champion. When I took her for a test ride I could feel that despite the broken wheels and bad brakes, IF I had decided to go faster, she woulda gone MUCH faster. That engine has the heart of a dragon, I can't wait to see what she can do!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Yeah, it is a FUGLY bike when seen up close, but I kinda like her. I think I'm gonna name her Stinky on account of she aint got a catalytic converter so she's got a nice smell. Smells a bit, aint purdy, but she's got the heart of a champion. When I took her for a test ride I could feel that despite the broken wheels and bad brakes, IF I had decided to go faster, she woulda gone MUCH faster. That engine has the heart of a dragon, I can't wait to see what she can do!

I said the exact same things about My EX

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Just be Safe, and look the frame over really well for cracks or splits. If it is as Fugly as you say it might not hold together at speed.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I assure you it will be given a THOROUGH once over. The red frame is really nice so I may use that one instead. Somehow, by the end of the summer, I will have one really reliable and ugly 2 stroke and one really sexy HF qmatic 4 stroke :D