Panama Jack (old school rat rod) with custom stake bed trailer

GoldenMotor.com

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
Tell us about the fuel gauge cap and the studs on the front fork

I'm looking at mounting a set of small bags on the front forks and that looks like it may be what I am wanting to do

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
Looks nice, I like the trailer, did you make it from scratch. Where did you get that gas cap?

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I'm right there with the rest of them - I would love to know more about the gas-cap fuel-gauge. That's a really nice ride altogether, too.

Slowrollers

Sep 8, 2010
downers grove Il
The gas cap works really nice...I got it from treats and it is always out of stock......luckily I got three of them when they first started selling them....what i would do to try and get one is email Benji he might know where to send you....
tank cap with fuel gauge

The trailer was built from a kiddie trailer frame and wheels ....its got a eighth inch aluminum thread plate bed......oak rails.....This thing is frickin strong...... and super light.... so far Ive used it for hauling my fishing gear down to the lake or bringing home a few bundles of wood....

The Fuel filters flow is correct BTW...

Thanks for the complements...

charles kohler

Sep 6, 2010
ohio
what happens when you make a short rt turn , looks like the trailer tounge will
climb up on the tire and cause a bad wreck ?.

Slowrollers

Sep 8, 2010
downers grove Il
what happens when you make a short rt turn , looks like the trailer tounge will
climb up on the tire and cause a bad wreck ?.

No not at all..It articulates with the bike perfectly....When this thing was a kiddie trailer i had it attached to my mountain bike and me and my son would go off-road with it....I had some fun times with it ...then it sat in the attic for 4 years....Finally I got a reason to do it up nice....Now my son Tyler is seven....he wants to stand inside it like its his chariot ....I told him that we cant break the new trailer this soon...lol

My next step will be lighting the tail light on the bike and two small cat eye turn signal lamps i got off and old Puch allstate motorcycle, that ill put on the rear of the trailer..The wiring harness will connect all the rear lights....

Slowrollers

Sep 8, 2010
downers grove Il
Thanks for the complements.....Its not exactly ratty.....

We have had a weeks full of great weather here and Ive been riding the heck out of this bike ....Ive smoked two gas tanks full and this bike has not had a glitch....It rides very smoothly for a ridged bicycle frame....I can peg the clutch in and coast no handed for a while...Makes all that time greasing the hubs well worth it....also locktighted everything .....most bolts I figured wont ever be coming off were jb welded in.....vibration from the motor and road are minimal....Im glad I took the time to do these things......

People hate buying Chinese stuff but I will say this motor was easier to performance tune than any German, Italian , Slovak moped motor ive built.....all I had to do is raise the port windows ever so slightly....I do think a 20mm VM mikuni carb would be better than the one I got ,really only because it would pep up the low end and make for easy jet changing.I know the stock intake sucks and the maniac intake will not work , so if i have to build one it will fit the mikuni for a side type intake with a huge air filter.I think will work and look cool....

I gps top speed @ 32 mph and that feels fast on this huffy,kinda scarey thinking a pot hole could ruin your day/life.......

later!

derekian72

Sep 23, 2010
Monrovia, CA
love the leather touches on the grips and seat, and that trailer is sweet. I was thinking of doing a mini teardrop for mine.....could you tell me any info on your front brake, I need the exact system to fit around my fender. very nice!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just awesome Slow! Not one thing about that build that ain't suweet. (triple negitive, so is positive, I think. snork)

Gas gauge, wow. tank cap with fuel gauge If all of us email him an' let him know there is a market..... dunno. but man that thing is cool. I was working on a sight glass one. No where near as cool.

Did you make your book rack?