Different Style Tanks?

GoldenMotor.com

slayerkills123

Jul 23, 2009
los angeles
These tanks are awesome! Really feeling the Sachs one!!! I'm new to this so ideally how would you go about mounting this to a beach cruiser?

Last edited:

neicull

Sep 1, 2009
Norfolk, VA
These tanks are awesome! Really feeling the Sachs one!!! I'm new to this so ideally how would you go about mounting this to a beach cruiser?
Slayerkills,
You can mount them a number of ways. The sachs has mounting holes on the tank to utilize. You would just need to fabricate two small brackets that you bolt to (or source them from a hardware store). Then bolt that bracket to your frame. You could get away with no welding but you'll most likely have to drill a hole in your frame for a through bolt. If you look around you may even find something that doesn't require you to drill. If you need help figuring it out you could always PM me and I'll do what I can.

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
I ran across this E-bay listing & then saw your input & pictures here. I just bought one like it & am waiting for delivery. How did you mount yours & where did you get the gas cap and petcock from? I'm finding gas caps that cost more than the tank?

Thanks,

Norm

neicull

Sep 1, 2009
Norfolk, VA
Norm,
Your kit tank cap and petcock can be used on these Sachs tanks. Your petcock may need a adapter coupling to use the kit petcock, you can find these at a hardware store. Mounting the tank requires drilling a hole in the frame and through bolting them. Or you could also have a tab welded on to mount these to.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Ooops, I just realized, that is an old pic. That is with 49cc motor and a modified pocket bike pipe. The bike now has a 66cc motor with the pipe designed usin the Javapipe program. Here's how it looks now.
Hello Marvin Martian,

I was just wondering how did you mount your suzuki jr50? I just bought the same gas tank and if you can provide me with some instructions or help I would very appreciate. Thanks

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
I have just purchased a real pretty lipstick red motorcycle tank with silver flames on it for the bike I'm putting parts together for. The problem is that the Petcock/Shut off valve will need to have a 14mm threaded nut and I haven't been able to come up with one & have pretty much exhausted my Internet searches with no luck. Having grown up in the 40's & 50's on a farm in SD I know I can cobble something together that will work but, would like to it right if possible. The site that I bought it from has a link but they no longer have the petcock. If anyone has any sources that I could contact, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Norm

jbones9869

Nov 24, 2009
Chicago
Hey norm... you are talking about the pagsta tank... i have one too... same problem you are having! I have a few ideas on my thread (click below)... I have a yamaha petcock on the way that i hope fits... my other ideas included an inline universal petcock or use a 14mm to 12mm spark plug adapter on the tank bung so i could use a 12mm petcock! P.s. I took off all my pretty red paint and turned it flat black!
http://motorbicycling.com/f26/slow-going-14406.html

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I emailed the company listed on the website (Treats) and they let me know when they had a shipment of new valves come in. They may have it in stock even though they don't show it on Ebay. Email them.

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
Wanabe
I've done that & am waiting for their reply. Like jbones9869 I'm going slow on this & figure I have into April until I get "REAL ANTSY" on getting this on the road. They said they would have them in about 30 days so it should fit into my plan.

Last edited:

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Wow Outrunner, that tank looks like it belongs there! Good looking bike.
I used a tank from an early model Suzuki JR50 (kids dirt bike) I think it looks pretty good but I wish it was a little bigger. It holds about what a kit tank holds.
Holy cow!!! THAT is a nice ride.

jbones9869

Nov 24, 2009
Chicago
Just to update everyone on the pagsta tank... i ordered what was supposed to be a 14mm petcock... actually came a different size. Treats seems to be the only place with it being the right size but they're all out. A awesome dude at the local auto parts place helped me rig it up.

ingredients...

2 small hose clamps
a few inches of thick rubber hose (must fit on tank bung tightly)
a brass adapter from your petcock to male hose connection (they had this behind the counter somewhere)

The tank bung has a pretty good length of thread to clamp the hose onto... clamp it tight with a hose clamp.
Thread your petcock onto the brass adapter (if you are able to find one).
Use the last hose clamp to secure the petcock adapter to the hose.

I wrapped the hose clamps and few inches of hose in some electric tape to finish it off. Because this method left the petcock sitting pretty low... I used a zip tie to pull the petcock closer to the top tube of the frame, making sure not to put a kink in the hose. I'll attach a pic of how it looks!

p.s. I do plan on eventually getting the right petcock... this just worked for now...

Attachments

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Wow Outrunner, that tank looks like it belongs there! Good looking bike.
I used a tank from an early model Suzuki JR50 (kids dirt bike) I think it looks pretty good but I wish it was a little bigger. It holds about what a kit tank holds.
Hello Marvin...just want to thank you for your tips in mounting JR50 on my bike. Thank you also for posting this tank in this forum. The moment I see your tank I said "wow" this will also be my tank...I was really searching for quite awhile now of a nice gas tank that will suit my taste and style. Here is the finished product. Thanks again dude!

Attachments

Last edited:

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
I must be lucky. I have a small box with about 5 petcocks in it. The first one I tried fit the pagsta tank perfectly. Unfortunately I have never labeled the petcocks as to what they are from. I think either an old Honda 50cc or a Batavas moped. The gas cap was a different story. I couldn't find one that would tighten properly until I got a HF6.5 the other day and much to my surprize the cap worked on the pagsta tank with only minor bending of the prongs on the under side.