SCHWINN FATBOY CHOPPER / I finally found 1 of 50 originally built by schwinn.

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
If you like the Schwinn Street Series Stingray Chopper / Schwinn XL Adult Chopper/ Schwinn OCC Endorsed Chopper / Schwinn Spoiler Adult Choppers, you might like what I found recently!

Haven't decided to motorize it at the moment.

What would you do if you had this ultra rare Schwinn Fatboy Chopper?

Yes it's the Schwinn Fatboy Chopper with front and rear wheels that are 20-inch X 4-1/4"-inch.

I'm thinking about PedalChoppers Stingray Chopper kit it's the Supersize kit for Adults with the 24-inch wheels with disc brake setup.

Here's a couple of pic's, still has the nubs on the tires never ridden.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
congrats on finding one, I know you have been looking for a long time (^)
my son in law made his own wide triple trees for a long occ based chopper he is building

I'd like to know if anyone can provide dimensions of a Schwinn Stingray XL, so I can make something similar, since shipping alone Puerto Rico will cost up to $200, depending on size. it's just not cost effective to buy and ship a frame here, and apparently no dealers here carry the stretch frames. Just need some dimensions, and approx angles, for a starting point.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I think you shouldn't motorize the rare bike. It's worth too much to too many people, and you can make something better yourself with suspension. The OCC HT engine mounting isn't reversible, since you have to drill into the bottom tube.

The regular OCC's are cheap used and you can put a motorcycle fork on them and use motorcycle or moped front wheels that will accommodate the fat chopper rear tires like the fat boy. Moped wheels are nice because the drum brakes simplify things greatly. I'm using a 16" front moped wheel on my OCC and it fits 20x4.0 bike tires. In addition to the drum brake, it's easy to mount a disc by putting studs through the side of the wheel hub. There are tons of moped and chopper bicycle parts out there to make it one of a kind.

Nice score though, I bet you can flip it for profit since it's brand new. I like the color blue on it a lot.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i agree its to rare to add a motor if you do it will never be able to go back 1 of 50 is crazy rare i would build a occ XL springer instead thats rare but not 1of 50 rare

roadstar05trent

Sep 10, 2011
tn
If you like the Schwinn Street Series Stingray Chopper / Schwinn XL Adult Chopper/ Schwinn OCC Endorsed Chopper / Schwinn Spoiler Adult Choppers, you might like what I found recently!

Yes it's the Schwinn Fatboy Chopper with front and rear wheels that are 20-inch X 4-1/4"-inch.

I'm thinking about PedalChoppers Stingray Chopper kit it's the Supersize kit for Adults with the 24-inch wheels with disc brake setup.

Did know they made the fatboy, I have the adult spoiler picked up for 600 got two of the reg chopper with motor on one of them, I like that fat boy

Don't you also have an XL frame? You pictured one a ways back with the Horizontal engine in it... Just like to get some tube measurements, if you can. I'd appreciate it. There's a few HF welders on sale right now; I've been trying to reach you, for some advice on which one I should get.

Mac-

roadstar05trent

Sep 10, 2011
tn
My mount isn't a good one I used a flat piece and added two pieces of pipe just like It would mount to a reg bike and put four bolts through the bottom of the flat piece, it need something to brace the front and back to Sturdy it up, Guy on eBay has a nice setup .

Attachments

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Kudos on your Fat Boy, Crazy Horse, but I'm more impressed with your custom builds. I tried to put an OCC wheel on the front of my Stiletto but couldn't figure out how to do it without swapping out the tripple tree. Thought about cutting and welding an OCC tree, but it would take a jig to make sure all was straight. Even then I wasn't sure I could get it right. I like the way chopper style MBs handle and they sure do get the looks!!!!!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Kudos on your Fat Boy, Crazy Horse, but I'm more impressed with your custom builds. I tried to put an OCC wheel on the front of my Stiletto but couldn't figure out how to do it without swapping out the tripple tree. Thought about cutting and welding an OCC tree, but it would take a jig to make sure all was straight. Even then I wasn't sure I could get it right. I like the way chopper style MBs handle and they sure do get the looks!!!!!
Hate to say this but this bike might be listed on Flea-bay, should I or shouldn't I!

Anyone have an idea of the approximate market value for a Schwinn Stingray Fatboy? PM me.

I might keep it, store it up in the attic till I'm sure that I've made up my mind about getting rid of it.

C.H.