bicycle engine oil mix calculator

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Pretty handy dandy....is there a way to enter a volume of oil and get it to spit out the ratio? For example: enter 2 oz of oil to find out that is 64:1? (Maybe I missed it, but it's pretty easy to do manually none-the-less. Especially knowing there are 128 oz in a gallon! :D)

I'll start a new thread to get some dialog going about 2-stroke oils. Seems like when I chat with folks about oil premix there are lots of "ideas" out there.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
that will be awesome pablo. the calculator i put link to is pretty basic. looking forward to learning more:D

ChrisHill

Manufacturer/Dealer
Up here everything is pretty much metric measurement...no need for a calc.

50ml oil per 1 liter gas....20:1
65ml oil per 1 liter gas....16:1

1 gallon jerry can, will hold 4 liters gas...200ml's oil with 4 liters for an engine that has been running awhile, otherwise 250ml's of oil with the 4 liters of gas.

Mix this up a couple hundred times and you're not going to forget it anytime soon, lol.

Last edited:

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
As far as mixing goes, I have personally always used a product called Pro Mix from Lowe's....the same bottle when mixed with 2 gallons of gas claims to cover all mix ratios from 16 to 1 to 50 to one....now sure how it does it but seems to work so far (I use it in my lawn care business too).
Andrew

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
This is a bump, I think there are many out here coming into this hobby for the first time who may find this helpful.

Thanks Paul for posting this way back when, this is a great tool.

Map
reddd

Mar 31, 2013
RI
This is a bump, I think there are many out here coming into this hobby for the first time who may find this helpful.

Thanks Paul for posting this way back when, this is a great tool.

Map
...here is another old thread with a pretty thorough discussion an mix ratios, ...there are some haters you'll need to ignore but if you read it through you might be surprised.

100:1 Mix

personally, i chose Opti2 after reading that thread and seeing the caliber of builders who swear by it.

...i've been using the Opti2 from day 1 and while i only have a bit over 400 miles on my new bike it runs like a bat out of h.e.l.l with a max speed so far of 39.52mph, it cruises easily at 30mph.

btw, my bike is just a single speed beach cruiser with a stock chinagirl 66cc, ...it has an NT carb and the air-cleaner is the only thing i've changed on the motor so far, ...i'm shopping for a new exhaust as we speak.

when it comes to oil, 100:1 Opti2 ftw.

peace, bozo

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I have an app on my cellphone called "fuel/oil mix" You put in how many gallons of gas you have and the mix ratio you are looking for, hit enter and it gives you an exact amount to put in.

I use this because my cans hold anywhere form 1 to 1.5 gallons and I tend to get them somewhere in between.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I have an app on my cellphone called "fuel/oil mix" You put in how many gallons of gas you have and the mix ratio you are looking for, hit enter and it gives you an exact amount to put in.

I use this because my cans hold anywhere form 1 to 1.5 gallons and I tend to get them somewhere in between.
Hey thats some good info. I'll have to go to google play store and search for that app, ill use it for sure, sometime I just want to top off my jugs and I never know for sure what it will take to fill it, I can see an app like that beoling very handy for those times.

Map

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I should have specified I'm on Android. I have an iPod touch too, but don't use it as often as I used to. It was used for the long commute to work, not that I don't commute it mostly just sits. I bet there is a Apple app too.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I should have specified I'm on Android. I have an iPod touch too, but don't use it as often as I used to. It was used for the long commute to work, not that I don't commute it mostly just sits. I bet there is a Apple app too.
I use Android also, I have a Samsung Galaxy III, I dont do the Apple stuff myself, the wife has an Iphone and Ive messed with it just enough to like my galaxy even more....LOL!

I'm NOT hating on Iphones or Apple here so please no one fall apart on me over what I said......! I just prefer the Android phones the best because thats what I'm the most used to and I really enjoy the larger clearer display on the Samsung Phones especially.

Peace, Map
.wee.

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I'm on an HTC One V and I have a Chrome tablet. I like iOS well enough but I can't see paying twice what I paid for my tablet or phone for less oomph. My friend paid more for her 7inch iPad than I paid for for my 10.1 google tablet. I use the tablet in the place of a laptop for school. I got an inexpensive bluetooth keyboard and it knocks the socks off any micro laptop I could have gotten for about the same price.

I like the iPod for the podcasts. It makes it super simple to download them and easy to navigate. I don't listen to anything on my phone though, so haven't' really gotten to see what it's like getting podcasts on that. I suppose there is probably a way that is just as easy.

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
All it amounts to is simple mathematics. Hey if I didn't know I would learn. I am far more confident in myself than someone that has no vested interest. Don't be ashamed to ask someone to double check. It's a learning process. As I have found out ignorance can be cured.

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
Just get out your pencil and paper. It is not difficult. I know you guys are highly intellectual. I've read your posts. Learn to depend on yourselves.