Another Newbie from Michigan

GoldenMotor.com

SMoRZ3

Jul 25, 2011
West Michigan
Hello All,

Thanks to your forum I felt confident in transforming a bike into a motorbike. I bought the Walmart 26" Cranbrook Huffy since it was cheap and seemed to be pretty universal as far as fitting most engines. I guess from what I've read here I'll have to grease some bearings, but haven't found a thread that explains how to do it, which is holding me back, but I know it needs to be done... I can hear it.... haha

Instead of getting the normal China made engine bike engine kits I decided on the bumblebeebolton friction drive. I like the easy set up of it. Works well, except for one problem, the tank size. It's way to small, I can go about 10 miles before it is empty. Me and my friend are trying to devise a way to install a second tank and possibly use the original as a reserve tank. I would like to preserve the kit as much as possible, not hack away at it.

Any ideas?

And thanks for the inspiration, I have a feeling I might be building a chain driven one over the winter for fun...

-SMoRZ3

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Smorz, welcome. Can you post a link to your kit?Sounds cool.

Also, in the search box above, type; "tanks" or aux tanks. There is a ton of great stuff on the subject. Some really creative folks here. Ya gotta read some of the juice can ones! SilverBear does some Wilde stuff that looks awesome and is cheap.

Again welcome!

SMoRZ3

Jul 25, 2011
West Michigan
Thanks for the reply Dan.

I'm a computer geek first so it was killing me trying to search, but I didn't know what to search FOR! I'll try your tips.

The kit i bought is from bumblebeebolton.com. I got the back wheel mount. It doesn't give very much info after that. And the guy spray painted the engine black that he modified so its kind of hard to identify.

Thanks.

SMoRZ3

Jul 25, 2011
West Michigan
I was trying to figure out how to re-grease the hubs on my Cranbrook Huffy bike I used.

Would you guys agree that these instructions are what I should do?

Grease Bicycle Wheel Bearings

It also said coaster brakes are "bullet proof" and don't need to be done. Is this true? And if not, is it hard to do? The instructions say I should have a professional do it...

Thanks,
SMoRZ3