just got a cruiser and lookin to convert

GoldenMotor.com

erjay

Jun 14, 2010
sacramento
i just got a schwinn legacy cruiser and want to make motorized and have no idea where to start.. can anyone help me.. i live in sacramento, ca if that helps for stores or any thing

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum....are you looking for an engine kits or suggestions for types of engine kits? Have a look around at some of our vendors offerings on either side of this page.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
i live in sacramento, ca
For some reason, vendors don't seem to like shipping to california. However go to this guy's site: Venice Motor Bikes, motorized bicycle sales, bicycle engine kits, service, parts. and email him. I believe he made a post one time that he ships to california. I don't know if he sells actual kits or just bikes though.

Something about emissions.

If that doesn't work then go to the swap&shop section and just make a WTB thread. I'm sure someone here will help you out.

Flounder

May 26, 2010
Jacksonville Beach
If you have family out of state ship it to them and have them ship it to you.. Just a suggestion if you run out of options, but when I orderer my engine they had a will call for local pick ups.. They are in Cali. Oh and I noticed VMB does sell the kit, look at the bottom of there Web Page. I think they do phone orders only, I could be wrong. Hope that hepls

Last edited:

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
For some reason, vendors don't seem to like shipping to california. However go to this guy's site: Venice Motor Bikes, motorized bicycle sales, bicycle engine kits, service, parts. and email him. I believe he made a post one time that he ships to california. I don't know if he sells actual kits or just bikes though.

Something about emissions.

If that doesn't work then go to the swap&shop section and just make a WTB thread. I'm sure someone here will help you out.
Dax. Spooky tooth , and Venice both ship to cali. I got a RAW kit from venice and it works great. He shipped it out within a 24 hour period too.