Hello from Rhode Island

GoldenMotor.com

Archduke Chocula

Apr 23, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Hello everybody! I stumbled onto motor bicycling someway or another, and have been researching it daily to fuel my addiction. I've been lurking for a few days and am very anxious to start my own project. I found some OCC choppers on craigslist cheap, if I can get my hand on one of those I'll be on my way! I plan on buying a dinky china engine (Black flying horse 80cc/66cc) from bikeberry to start out. If I get really into this new hobby I'll probably upgrade to a 4 stroke Honda.

Any active members from rhode island?

-duke
.trk

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Be advised that an OCC chopper is not the best choice for a first build, requiring offset motor mounts for the chain to avoid rubbing the fat rear tire.
Maybe you would be better off mounting your kit on a steel MTB or beach cruiser at first, as you will be riding and learning instead of solving custom installation issues. You can transfer the kit to a chopper bike after you have mastered the basics.
Just my opinion.

Archduke Chocula

Apr 23, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
I wanted to install on a beach cruiser to begin with, but the chopper bikes are the cheapest thing I can find. A beach cruiser does seem like the easiest and simplest way to go, and they do look nice. I just need to find one on the cheap.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Some members have found decent bikes in the dumpster at apartments. That's not exactly conduct becoming of an archduke, but it may help.