Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
This was really a great surprise! Last Sunday I was invited by one of my old
Harley biker buddies to ride my MB to a St. Patty's Day show at a local Atlanta
H.D, dealership. It's less than 9 miles from where I live so I showed up about
1:30 that afternoon and as soon as I rode in and parked among over 350-380
Harley's, I was surrounded by 7 or 8 people snapping pictures and asking all
kinds of questions. I felt like some sort of a celebrity or somethin'. Several of
the onlookers encouraged me to enter my bike in the ongoing bike show with
about 40 other entries, so I did that. There was a very large crowd and lots of
people voted for various categorys of bikes. Mine was listed under "Unlimited
Custom Bike". It drew a lot of interest and several dozens of photos, but what
totally shocked me, was when My name was called to the podium and I was
rewarded a FIRST PLACE TROPHY!
Well, after I settled down I just couldn't stop smiling. Here's the photo's.

Attachments

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
That is great!! I attended my local Harly dealers charity events all the time and always have a good reception. The "Old Timers" always talk about the Wizzers or Schwinns they used to have.

It's pretty cool to have people appreciate these bikes the way they do.

Congrats on the trophy.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
nice job, congrats!

last saturday i cruised by a donut shop that was having a little car show. i didn't know about it, but i saw a coupla whizzers so i pulled up next to them. people were checking out the bikes, and one of the whizzer guys said, right in front of me "...then you have these cheap chinese POS's giving us a bad name..." while pointing at my bike!

definitely not the reaction i'm used to, as my bike is a helluva lot more custom than a new, store-bought whizzer. not to mention a lot faster.

guess you can't please everybody.

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
I live 5 blocks from Glendale harley Davidson and myself and Rockvoice probably go there once every two weeks to hang out n have a smoke. Guarenteed everytime we geta little crowd goin with the thousand questions game, nonetheless they really trip out. We go on our custom stretch cruisers. Great bike Outrunner, and I like the Sporty Tank {always wanted to do that}.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We rode our MB's to a chili cook off at Bartels Harley here in LA last sunday...
There were rows of mega $$$ custom Harleys, & everyone crowded around our little bikes for a look!! (^)

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Congrats on the trophy. Nice build on the bike. Like It was said in the movie I gotta build me one of these!! lol laff

Congrats once again.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
Outrunner , high5 on the trophy . gotta love it . taking a bicycle to a motorcycle show and winning . good job man .

Bairdco , don,t worry bout the rude dude , he probably drives a Chrysler .
( personaly i would have done a big loop and drove strait into the side of his bike and said , geeWhizzer , guess my chineese brakes suck too ) road rage , gotta love it .

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Outrunner , high5 on the trophy . gotta love it . taking a bicycle to a motorcycle show and winning . good job man .

Bairdco , don,t worry bout the rude dude , he probably drives a Chrysler .
( personaly i would have done a big loop and drove strait into the side of his bike and said , geeWhizzer , guess my chineese brakes suck too ) road rage , gotta love it .
LOL DiceMan! ayup

.flg.