Basic, reliable, motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
It is possible to build a motorbike, (using the In-frame 2-cycle Chinese engine kit), without the installation hassles and the almost certain disappointment that comes from failed parts, fasteners, etc.

I have made engine mounts for several local customers over the past 5 months in order to test the longevity of the design. They are proven to be hassle free, and will now be offered for sale on our website.

The Intake manifold, the soft copper gasket, the clutch actuator, and of course the sprocket adapter with sprocket…have proven to be excellent upgrades.

I had planned on making a complete kit for one or more specific bike brands and models. The components I offer have matured in design and manufacturing process to the point that a complete kit can be purchased for many different bikes. As with the sprocket adapters & sprockets, you will be given a simple roll-out with seat tube sizes, forward tube sizes, and an approximate distance between the tubes at a point that will be shown in a graphic. It will not be necessary to take accurate measurements to order an engine mount.

I built the bike shown in the photos, yesterday, from inventory and it performs great! Hop on…go for a ride…no problems. This is the way it was meant to be! My local customers have done nothing but ride their bikes. They have not had to work on them after every ride. No broken bolts, no broken spokes, no problems at all! Just ride, again and again! One of my customers has logged 2,500+ miles and I haven’t had to touch it…neither has he. He just rides it.

Jim

Attachments

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
Since my little break down I can confirm the Dax motors have a larger needle bearing on the wrist pin than Zoom does. They also have a needle bearing on the con rod. Beautiful Bike Jim, what a sexy tensioner.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
Very nice build Jim, I plan on looking in to some of your items in the future, keep up the good work!!!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thanks guys,

I like using coater brake frames due to the long slots in the drop-outs. The tension on the engine side can be maintained without using the kit tensioner. The spring loaded tensioner works great on the pedal side.

Jim
This looks like the way to go for my older bikes with coaster brakes. Very clean setup and no need to fabricate my own drive chain tensioner mount. I don't see this pedal tenioner listed yet on your site. Will that be available soon? That will be a one size fits all, I would think.
SB.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Id like to ride 1 of these 2 strokers just to see how they are, if properly setup by some one who knows what theyre doing it seems 99% of the problems dont exist.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I also believe this will eliminate many of the problems people experience.Placed a order for the mounting kit,hope this works out for my mtb!

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
You can either get a sprocket+adapter kit or he is now offering the mounting kit alone for $32 witch is a great price for the hassle free mount!Even though I have not tried out his hardware,I'd still strongly recommend purchasing from him.

ENGINE MOUNT Mounting hardware

SPROCKET ADAPTER Sprocket/Adapter

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
very nice work, as always :)

i it wasn't decided last night that i need to just put the bike togeather and ride it without gobs of mods id order that mount.... since my downtube is at least 2 inch. we will see how many bolts break. im sure the way my angst goes, if one breaks ill have that there purdy mount in the mail lol

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Aaron that sprocket adaptor looks to be the ideal setup instead of those rubber mounted sprockets. What keeps the adapter from spinning or moving once its clamped to the hub? Is it clamping force alone that keeps it from twisting on the hub?

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
I have ridden Jim's kit bike here in the photos.
Smooth, proper, quiet, and minimal simplicity.
This Kit Is The Number 1 Best Basic Kit On The Market With No Rival.

Every potential problem or hang up present in the box you get from China has been addressed and corrected in Jim's most excellent kit. Heck, with the captured internal rubber engine mount isolation, the bicycle's tubes don't even get scratched. Combined with the hub mounted sprocket adapter for concentric and true rotation, this engine mount provides the smoothest feel possible on a motorized bicycle.

In my opinion, this kit is far under priced for the value you receive.
Completely worth every penny for a hassle free ride.....

'Brett

Last edited: