Motorized Bicycle Carburetor pictures how to install and rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Re: Carb pictures how to

pen pointing to an adjustment area for taking up slack on the throttle #2 pic my throttle cable has another adjustment up at the twist grip to take the skack out of the throttle cable.#3 all done. #4 its running and its cold .
Thats it hope your questions got answered if not give me a PM.
Norman

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

(^)thank you norman! very nice indeed. i was wondering what the part on top of the carb was for. i have played with it with no change but now i know it is for taking slack out of cable which i have.. again awesome norm. you spent some time putting this togather and it is apreciated

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

That last picture of norman holding the throttle assembly is the one that should have been in the instructions. If it had I would not have wasted a month on the darn thing.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I sort of got the outside covered on this forum somewhere.If you want to know whats inside the coil, send me a bad one and I'll find out cause I ain't skerried to tear into it either.
Norm

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
it was for a bootle bottle which none of my bikes have anymore I now have one plugged and the other welded shut waste of money for a bottle get a pipe for the exhaust money better spent and you won't have to mess up your intake.
I make an adjustable bottle that would go from 10cc to over 100cc and used differant lengths of tubing along with bottle straight up and horz. with no gains it would idle slower and sort of smoother but then it would idle so slow that it would die and when off the throttle it took a while for it to come back down to idle. Hard to start when it was cold outside so I don't like them but some people do. I might still have a bottle laying around you pay the shipping and you can have it.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Ya know I've never owned anything that had a carb with a "tickler". So, is it just a way to prime the engine by depressing the float to allow more gasoline into the carb ? It seems like it would create a condition like slightly flooding the engine a bit so you have a rich start condition.

When I was a kid there were some older guys with Cushmans and "Mustangs"
that I would see reach down and hit a "prime" two or three times before kicking
the starter. I once watched this guy who had recently purchased one of these old bikes and was kicking himself numb. I'm with my mom and at like five years of age point out to that part of the carb (as I'd seen these other guys press on it a few times) and the guy looks at me dumbfounded. So he does it and kicks the starter and it starts. He pulled out looking at me in shock.

So.....is this tickler a primer or what ?

crabdance

May 16, 2008

Hi Norman, Can you tell me the best way to adjust the throttle adjustment area? I put a new carburetor on last night. That made my leak go away but I have lost a lot of power. I tried screwing the throttle cable at the carb in more but it only made it worse. Now I'm thinking of going the opposite way.

Can you give me any helpful hints on this?
I would sure appreciate it!
thanks,
john

pen pointing to an adjustment area for taking up slack on the throttle #2 pic my throttle cable has another adjustment up at the twist grip to take the skack out of the throttle cable.#3 all done. #4 its running and its cold .
Thats it hope your questions got answered if not give me a PM.
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
to take the skack out of the cable lengthen out those areas. what this does is make the outter housing longer in relation to the inner cable.