The infidel

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
saw this today gave me a idea its a 1.5 watt solar panel .

i have a motorycyle battery i use to power my headlight and was thinking on overnight trips i could use this keep it juiced up i plan to stop at night so it will not be useing it for that but will use the battery to charge my cell phone and ZUNE.i know its not alot of juice but should put out enough for my modest use of it .

its almost the same exact length as my rear rack and cost me ten bucks at harbor freight.

drilled a small hole then tapped it so i could put a bolt in it and hopefully avoid my idler pulley falling over into my spokes .

(had to ditch the muffler it suddenly dawned on me that i couldn't pull the trailer with it on noise level realtivly the same )

(solar panel on amazon same one twice the price http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006JO0KG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

the new handlebars should help me keep up with you this year on the trails frank . they are fairly comfortable to ride with to .

( i know they wont help me go any faster i do like the look more though)

((wifes on vacation so snuck the bike in the house))

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

went looking for some ammo cans like ive been meaning to do since i started this build the us 7.62 cans were fairly rusted i found these for only 7 bucks at the local surplus i think thier polish or possibly chinesse realy like the lines on them and they fit the bike better than i could have ever imagined just gota work on putting a lock on them .

their not as water tight as a american can with the rubber seal the metal is roughly the same thickness though .

paint ideas

tan
black
tan with a black star on it
keep the faded od green
have to leave room for the motorbicycling.com sticker
hmmmmmmm.....................

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
Panel weighs about as much as a full Pepsi can I've been looking at the smaller ones for local trips and just mount them onto the handlebar so I can juice my gizmos while I ride the big ones are more for trips when I have the trailer
Considering putting a car battery mounted in a ammo can juiced by the solar panels just ideas

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
Panel weighs about as much as a full Pepsi can I've been looking at the smaller ones for local trips and just mount them onto the handlebar so I can juice my gizmos while I ride the big ones are more for trips when I have the trailer
Considering putting a car battery mounted in a ammo can juiced by the solar panels just ideas
Does your solar panel have a built-in charging regulator? If it is just a solar array you will need to add some sort of charging regulator to your solar panel circuit. The output power of your solar panel and the current draw of your equipment will help you decide what size of charging regulator you will need. I build 12v and 24v solar sites in the mountains. I use ASC type-F pulse charging regulators. They work well.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

painted and showing off my sticker.

added some eye bolts to put locks through think they should work just fine had to grind off the old locking mechanism and drill a hole in it fit the locks i use just fine.

the panel is supposed to have a built in regulator so far so good gives it enough juice to charge my old Zune and phone .

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
solved my lack of power problem gas tank was sitting to low changed out carbs cleaned the carb did it all nothing worked . buddy threw a 2x4 chunk under the tank worked great so we took it for a spin .

made it one block then boom my rear tire exploded im starting to think my bikes got it out for me . .bf.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
today me and local MB rider Shawn went to harbor freight i was able to get my 99cc engine for 87.99 thanks to a 20 percent off coupon in the back of the popular mechanics its in their every month well worth it . any way we got the last two engines only one left is the display ive got mine gutted of useless stuff including the governor and will be doing or throttles hook ups tomorrow . if all goes well should be running this weekend on sunday wish us luck .

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Sounds interesting. I want to see how the project turns out and how well your 99cc does. I was thinking about getting a predator 99cc and doing the swap, but at this point IDK, I want to see what the 49cc can do all race modified. Keep us updated, and get that bike running. We should try to get a ride in sometime... :)

Frank

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
hopefully fingers crossed it will be up and running this weekend may be up next sunday if it runs fine. care for a test ride frank ?

turned it on today after getting it fit in the frame very snug in their looks good though should have pics up in a bit really need a muffler set up for this thing sounds amazing though .

so far just waiting on the new belt and pulley .

everything else is all done on the bike .

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

stock gas tank on just for starting up purposes

people that have a qmatic can see how i had to switch it up just a little for clearance purposes

i just like the side buy side of the 49cc vs the 99cc

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
got the right sized belt but my pulley is the right size for something with a half inch shaft laff dont even know how i did that but here i am with a new paper weight

grangier isn't open until Monday looks like ill be kicking myself in the butt for two days the closet store that has it is Denver so looks like a road trip is in order . (not that bad go see some family hit the good trails in Denver )

gives me a little bit to re do some odds and ends at least