Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Chopper Information?

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Looking for any information regarding the Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Chopper, it's likely that Schwinn ( Rumored ) only built a total of 50 of these bikes with the front wheels being the same size as the rear wheel both of which are 20-inch X 4-1/4-inches.

I believe that I've found the front forks for sale at Chopperdome.NL 164.00-Euros about $235.00 US Dollars, which would allow for any standard / regular 20-inch Schwinn Stingray Chopper to be converted to a 20-inch Schwinn Stingray Fatboy, price is a lil steep though!

One brainstorm that I had was to use the narrow regular stingray front forks and just custom bend the fork tubes to fit the 20-inch Fatboy front wheel.

The 20-inch X 4-1/4-inch front wheel is I think still available from ChoppersUS.Com

Here's the size as posted on Chopperdome.NL for the Fatboy Front Forks:

The Schwinn Fat Boy fork: Extreme wide fork to host 4 1/4" tires.
1/1 8"
#S9102

length legs: 730 mm
length steering tube: 220 mm
width axle: 170 mm
width legs: 130 mm

Here's the Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper 20-inch size.

Here's the Blue Schwinn Stingray XL Chopper adult size behind the black 20-inch Schwinn Stingray Chopper.

Here's the Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Chopper with 20-inch front wheel and 20-inch rear wheel. Hence the Fatboy name!

If anyone has information regarding this Schwinn Chopper known as a Stingray Fatboy Chopper please post it here, especially any information where the Fatboy Extra Wide Front Forks can be purchased, other than Chopperdome.NL I would appreciate it if you would let me know!

Here's a Pic of the extra wide Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Front Forks sold at Chopperdome.NL $235.00 US Dollars...OUCH!!!

The Schwinn Fat Boy fork: Extreme wide fork to host 20" X 4 1/4" tires.

1"1/8"
#S9102

Thanks Crazy Horse, Peace.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
??? Has anyone even heard of the Schwinn Sting-Ray Fatboy, did Schwinn really make them or were these Sting-Rays just one off custom builds with the fat tire forks added by the builder ???

I've only found info about them here, see or click on Link below:

Schwinn

Still searching for more information!

Peace C.H.
azBill or A.Z.vinnie do you have any information about these Fatboy Sting-Rays ???

RustyBedSprings

Apr 20, 2011
PNW
Crazy Horse said:
Here's a Pic of the extra wide Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Front Forks sold at Chopperdome.NL $235.00 US Dollars...OUCH!!!

Had you given any thought to simply buying laser cut raw metal triple trees from any of the various mini-chopper parts suppliers out there...???

Heres but one of many sources: Pocket Bike Front Suspension

Also, had you considered just buying a full front end thats wide enough for that 4.25 tire with the rake you want...???? I found LOTS of them on flea-bay... probably due to the cooling off of the "American Chopper" ... "I'm gonna be the next famous custom bike builder fad"... but hey... their loss, our gain.

Triple Trees on Ebay

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Had you given any thought to simply buying laser cut raw metal triple trees from any of the various mini-chopper parts suppliers out there...???

Heres but one of many sources: Pocket Bike Front Suspension

Also, had you considered just buying a full front end thats wide enough for that 4.25 tire with the rake you want...???? I found LOTS of them on flea-bay... probably due to the cooling off of the "American Chopper" ... "I'm gonna be the next famous custom bike builder fad"... but hey... their loss, our gain.

Triple Trees on Ebay
Rusty, thanks for the leads / links.

I'm thinking about using the stock triple trees and just having some fork tubes bent / spread to fit the Fatboy front wheels.

Almost forgot my friend Dave at Daves Fat Cycles in Virginia Beach, Virginia also has some extra wide forks that'll fit up to a 26-inch 4.25-inch wheels.

C.H.

LifeSeemsDead

Jul 21, 2011
SoTX
RustyBedSprings said:
This:

**35hp/900cc**

Plus this:

Equals this:
Equals what exactly? Other than ~150lbs of engine, tearing a cheap frame to bits with excessive torque, snapping every flimsy spoke off the wheel, ect.

Don't get me wrong, I love the thought of a V-twin in a bicycle, but you are going to need a more robust foundation when you make roughly the same horsepower as an early Panhead Harley. (The Harley used a larger dual downtube frame, 3/4" axles, more robust stays, 40 spoke wheels with thicker gauge spokes and rims, and brakes that would actually attempt to stop it.)

The Vanguards are pretty large, as well. One would need to raise and stretch just to be able to fit it in the bike.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Custom made triple tree or flared/bent fork tubes which would convert any standard sized Schwinn Stingray Chopper to a Schwinn Stingray Chopper Fatboy?

That's right just look at the size and girth of the Schwinn Stingray Chopper Fatboy, can you say Super Size Me with a 212 clone! (Horrible Freight 212cc engine!)

I've been contemplating ordering a chopper from West Coast Mini Choppers- Frames,Rolling Chassis,Sheet Metal, Custom Wheels,Hubs,Live Axles,Tanks, & Accessories this way I can custom build my own Fatboy front forks with their:

Custom Fabricated front end assy. for your mini chopper. Are standard front end assy. is 32" long with a 2 1/2" rise with a 6 3/8" opening for neck tube and a 4" spacing for most all bicycle wheel assy. Please specify before purchasing if you need a custom length as we can accommodate for little or no extra charge !We use precise laser cut parts and professionally MIG weld.
Part#10025

**Only $89.99**

SALE PRICE THIS MONTH ONLY

**$69.99**

for a custom build just have to figure out where to mount a bottom bracket for the pedals so as to make it a motorized bicycle!

I'm hoping one of our forum members, will come up with a Schwinn Stingray Chopper Fatboy conversion front fork design that is both cost effective and aesthetically pleasing to the eye, I might be wrong but an american made front fork as opposed to those offered from the Netherlands in Europe could happen eventually!

Some of you may know about my friend down in Virginia Beach, Virginia USA, his name is Dave and he is the original designer/inventor of the TommiSea Destroyer yes the 26" Beach/Mountain bike builder, he also has another business called Daves Fat Cycles, he's now building Stretch Beach Cruisers & Choppers using the 26" by 4.25" wheel & tire combination just like the TommiSea Destroyer, which is a cloned (bicycle) version if I can call it that of the surley pugsley!

He does sell a front fork that'll fit the 26"X4.25" wheel & tire setup, but just doesn't look right for the Schwinn Stingray Chopper Fatboy conversion!

C.H.

Looking for any information regarding the Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Chopper, it's likely that Schwinn ( Rumored ) only built a total of 50 of these bikes with the front wheels being the same size as the rear wheel both of which are 20-inch X 4-1/4-inches.

I believe that I've found the front forks for sale at Chopperdome.NL 164.00-Euros about $235.00 US Dollars, which would allow for any standard / regular 20-inch Schwinn Stingray Chopper to be converted to a 20-inch Schwinn Stingray Fatboy, price is a lil steep though!

One brainstorm that I had was to use the narrow regular stingray front forks and just custom bend the fork tubes to fit the 20-inch Fatboy front wheel.

The 20-inch X 4-1/4-inch front wheel is I think still available from ChoppersUS.Com

The Schwinn Fat Boy fork: Extreme wide fork to host 4 1/4" tires.
1/1 8"
#S9102

Here's the Schwinn Stingray OCC Chopper 20-inch size.

Here's the Blue Schwinn Stingray XL Chopper adult size behind the black 20-inch Schwinn Stingray Chopper.

Here's the Schwinn Stingray Fatboy Chopper with 20-inch front wheel and 20-inch rear wheel. Hence the Fatboy name!

If anyone has information regarding this Schwinn Chopper known as a Stingray Fatboy Chopper please post it here, especially any information where the Fatboy Extra Wide Front Forks can be purchased, other than Chopperdome.NL I would appreciate it if you would let me know!

1"1/8"
#S9102

Last edited:

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
man, that thing looks horrible with that fat front tire!
sorry but i like a skinny front tire with a wide rear tire.
having a fat tire in the front and rear makes it look like an off road bike.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

The Fat Boy fork: Extreme wide fork to host 4 3/4" tires.
1/1 8"
#S9102

The Fat Boy fork: Extreme wide fork to host 20" / 24" / 26" X 4 3/4" tires.

1"1/8"
#S9102

I've finally found the perfect Triple Tree setup to convert any Stretch Cruiser or any Chopper front forks to fit up to a 6" yes six inch wide tires with up to 100mm rims.

Or you could get the Atomic Zombie book with plans to make almost any size wheel fit your bike with frame and fork modifications of course.

So if you want to build a Basman style Stretch Cruiser or Chopper style build like those Atomic Zombie style builds with super fat wheels you can do it now.

C.H.

Attachments

chopperunlimited

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan
A fellow in Florida with a websit "Pedal Choppers " makes or has access to a front end , Triple trees and forks that you are looking for . Sized to fit either a 20 or 24 inch wheel and 4-1/4 inch tire . Best of all he also has a pair of rear frame drop outs that extend the frame to fit a 24 inch wheel and FAT tire on the back . I am a 6 foot adult who does not like a gorrilla romancing a grape on a 20 inch bike . Pedal Choppers is dependable to work with . I think his name is Jim , he often emails back to you the same day . good luck . Mark .