what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

can buy 6 99cc preds for the cost of 1 morini

but if im going to ride a smoker I would rather ride this,,,,

700cc Silk the red cycle

see I have nothing against a 2stroke....
No you can't yea still gotta put a uber cool expensive clutch on them. They can be temperamental too.:p laff

Bet I get 30 k out of mine

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Calling pics on turn signals? That's cruel! We all know those cheapy things. They do the trick when a LEO pulls up.

Silk the red? Is that a Scott?

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

No you can't yea still gotta put a uber cool expensive clutch on them. They can be temperamental too.:p laff
already into the recumbent delta build over $1000 do I really need to spend more then $400 getting the power to the ground? Custom machined parts done by the machine shop on a cnc is not cheap.... Thank the powers that be I can make my own motor mount and jackshaft set up Comet CVT..not the china copy jackshaft with a freewheel on the axle and dual disk brakes in the rear

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.

Finally received my rear wheel. Ordered on the 17th, 3 day ground delivery, & got it the 24th!
Nice... anyhow, the wheel is pretty cool. S7x alloy Weinman hoop, 12g ss spokes, and another Shimano cb110e hub. installed it and went for a put. 15 miles out and flatted out. Screw it! went & got a New thornproof tube, Tire liners, and a bottle of Slime! That's what I did lol Next up, more miles!

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Got my Clutch Roller from Al.Fisherman installed. One finger pull is the "Cat's Pajamas", truly silky. Thanks Ron!

(disregard the carb, I'm working on a new intake)

Oh, and someone stopped by to get something he "built"(ie slapped together) running... friggin thing was a death trap. I warned all I could, but he didn't want to listen. Some lessons are better learned the hard way.

Things like:
he had no clutch disengagement- cable not tight enough
carb slide was backwards-stuck at wot,
no kill switch! with the above 2!!
His cdi was fried either out of the box, or by backwards wiring...

I got him as safe as I could, fixed the issues above, sold him a spare cdi and it fired right up. Felt sick as he drove away thinking he can "build" like anyone...

He's lucky it didn't start when he tried it, as his brakes were crap too...

Scary what some people think they can ride...

Know what I mean?

Snuck that pic when he was in the can :(

:eek:

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh

wow thats crazy....trimmed fender for my occ,actualy kick started,then rode it in rain.got lil wet well alot wet,but still fun.

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

http://us4.memecdn.com/mainstream_o_289106.jpg 2x4 hipster bike

That's crazy! Someone asked me about my motorized bicycle a couple days ago. At first I thought he was serious, but he wanted to put a friction drive on his crummy BMX with 1 out-of-whack brake. I told him I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. He said, well what if I just buy the motor thing and do it myself? I told him I couldn't stop him, but I don't think he should since he can't even fix his bike now. He started talking in some kind of wigger rap lingo, so I just left him alone. Weird!

Got my Clutch Roller from Al.Fisherman installed. One finger pull is the "Cat's Pajamas", truly silky. Thanks Ron!

(disregard the carb, I'm working on a new intake)
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a408/killercanuck77/29er/SAM_0290.jpg[/IMG

Oh, and someone stopped by to get something he "built"(ie slapped together) running... friggin thing was a death trap. I warned all I could, but he didn't want to listen. Some lessons are better learned the hard way.

Things like:
he had no clutch disengagement- cable not tight enough
carb slide was backwards-stuck at wot,
no kill switch! with the above 2!!
His cdi was fried either out of the box, or by backwards wiring...

I got him as safe as I could, fixed the issues above, sold him a spare cdi and it fired right up. Felt sick as he drove away thinking he can "build" like anyone...

He's lucky it didn't start when he tried it, as his brakes were crap too...

Scary what some people think they can ride...
[IMG]http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a408/killercanuck77/Misc/SAM_0286.jpg[/IMG
Know what I mean?

Snuck that pic when he was in the can :(

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

daxtitg I went for a ride with the 1 gallon tank on the front rack. I'm not sure I like it. It might be overkill. It totally changed the bike handling with any more than a quart in it. I think I'll take the stem riser off and just run it like this for the summer, until I figure out a different way to run more than the weeder tank and not spend a bunch of cash.

I have found a couple of go-kart white plastic tanks I could use, if I forego the cargo box (sad), and have thought about various dual-tank set ups, including a 1/2 gallon Toro box shaped tank from a snow-blower.

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Heh heh, takes all kinds... For some, lessons are better learned the hard way when they don't want to listen to reason.

Sure, we were all newbies at one point or another, and most of the time common sense prevailed. :p If we didn't get it right the first time we figured out why and re-did it. We asked, we read, we learned and got better. That makes us much safer, if not smarter . So when people brush off good advice and common sense, all we can do is smile and say, "Good luck with that eh."

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Hey Happy, have you thought of extending your rear rack and put the tank back there? and yea, you were right not to go near that bmx. Jeeze, if they can't even do basic bike repair... But you could've charged more to get the bike in working order first eh? :) Or break out a liability waiver, heh heh.

Lol RC, I had to go look up Lignin, but I doubt the guy was thinking of organic polymers when he stuffed those in there, heh heh. Maybe some Oak, or Hickory would fare better... but not a little chunk of pine :p

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

lol

well GOOD! u looked it up! :)

lignin is a component of plant cell structure...
it's a good part of what gives wood it's strength and elasticity.
Wondrous stuff!

It's properties are probably among the reasons why something made of wood just 'feels' good, when placed alongside a metal, or composite item.

lol
wood has 'soul'!

rc

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

Edit: Now I've got an idea!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bc/Face-grin.svg/48px-Face-grin.svg.png

A cheap plastic cutting board is just the right size after chopping the "handle" off, to mount that 1 gallon tank. regular coarse screws will self-tap into that kind of plastic if you drill tight holes for the screws. (I've done it before.)

If one corner is drilled for the Dax pivot bolt, and the other corner drilled for 2 holes to mount to the stock holes opposite the engine (drilled on both sides for forward or reverse mount, how nice), the board can be mounted square with the drive channel, so it hangs down from it. This will put the tank in a pannier like position, and let it rest against the right tension strap for even more support. (spacers or washers required to bolt it to the engine pattern holes. This will also protect the backside of the tank from anything thrown by the wheels. Pictures to follow after parts arrive. Yay! This build has been a lot of fun.

I don't know how I could extend the dax channel without causing drive wheel skipping or strain on the frame. I am planning to just run this for now, till I figure out another option. I'm thinking of one of the 4 quart flat tanks like this: http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/images/products/Tanks/sku/8663p.jpg

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=31881&catid=578
With 1 gallon flat tank, plus the stock tank, I can go 100 miles with up to 20lb cargo and I will be able to put my lunch cooler back on the front rack.

I will have to wait till I get it to see the size of it, but I may be able to fold a piece of sheet metal over the top tube, and clamp it together with the mounting bolts for this tank, so it sits center frame, near the seat tube. That would balance well.

If it can hang by the tab on one side without busting off, that would make mounting a breeze! I could mount it to the u-bracket or the side straps , esp the small ones like 2 quarts. I'll call them.

Here's a cheap option for a 1 quart booster tank
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...QHjungPAQHkfGHxX35QlVLoS20vlFUnXuSafV_zSmBA5g
go ped tank $21 shipped with grommet and lines.

O-reilleys has these for $10-15

$15, 24 oz, can mount straight onto tension strap in vertical position
http://images.oreillyauto.com/parts/img/medium/dor/9-1674-007.jpg

Last edited:

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina

Took my Whizzer out for a spin to tune it for a Relay for Life run on Saturday. 2 miles into the trip a car pulled out in front of me. When I slammed on the brakes I locked up the rear wheel and heard a loud clang and felt a jerk. It was a bad feeling. I limped back home and removed the rear wheel to find the coaster brake lever broken in two places. When I removed the lever to weld the break I realized it's made from pot metal!!! Tomorrow I'll be fabricating a real steel brake lever.:-||

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

That sucks Scooty, check your local salvation army, or even the dump. The dump you could get it for free, just watch out for Shathawks