1st build in Orange County, CA

GoldenMotor.com

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
The 26incher,bairdco,The_Aleman:
thank you for the kind words, and your right pics don't do any bike justice.
I love the smell of burning castor in the air, and counting the days to the Death Race

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
What size tire are you running
I was running 26x2.0 schwalbe Kojaks at the Death race. thees tires failed as I wore through the cord only after the practice and 2 heats. I really couldn't race the final, but I duct taped the inside and took some laps anyways. I'm currently looking for a new tire. problem is I can't run a tire fatter than 2.0.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I was running 26x2.0 schwalbe Kojaks at the Death race. thees tires failed as I wore through the cord only after the practice and 2 heats. I really couldn't race the final, but I duct taped the inside and took some laps anyways. I'm currently looking for a new tire. problem is I can't run a tire fatter than 2.0.
What hapened to the Hanks? I have just over 400 mi on mine so far.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
What hapened to the Hanks? I have just over 400 mi on mine so far.
I loved the Hanks, and they are still my first choice, but I had to replace them due to clearence problems. I had to run my rear wheel crocked just to clear the left, drive chain. They're on one of my other cruisers now, ones without engines.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I welded the engine mounts to the frame and I run a 110mm rear hub with disc brake and sprocket on the left side, the hub has a freewheel and sealed bearings. If i rebuild the frame and go with a coaster rear hub I could run the adapters. My brother is now running the hub adapter and an adapter for the frame mounts and I like the set up, that will be last resort for this frame. I'll just have to be happy with the 26x2.0 tire.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
after the Death race I realized that I might have to make a tire change between heats. The way that my frame was built with the backwards 'schwinn' rear dropouts it would've taken me way to long to do a tire change. So I had horizontal rear dropouts welded in. I'm giong to try a different tire at the Willow race, because from what the manufacture told me the Kojaks are a softer compound, and I just plain wore through them. i'll bring an extra tire just in case.

Attachments

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
The willow race was great and I thought i would post an after race pic of my MB with the winning trophy. The tires held up through the practices, heats and 2 finals. I won't race with them again, but still can use them to cruise around town.

Attachments

Last edited:

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Magrider, you have one very cool bike. It looks great and runs better. It's crazy how that little china girl engine can run so strong against the morinis, electrics and others. I was looking at pictures from the Willow race and you seem to have a much better rider position than most of the others. My son told me the wind was affecting his speed and judging by the pictures you had a really tight tuck. It was good to meet you at the track. You seem like a really nice guy. Your bike is killer! Congrats on your wins! I'm sure it wasn't all bike...you apparently have some riding skills too!

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Magrider, you have one very cool bike. It looks great and runs better. It's crazy how that little china girl engine can run so strong against the morinis, electrics and others. I was looking at pictures from the Willow race and you seem to have a much better rider position than most of the others. My son told me the wind was affecting his speed and judging by the pictures you had a really tight tuck. It was good to meet you at the track. You seem like a really nice guy. Your bike is killer! Congrats on your wins! I'm sure it wasn't all bike...you apparently have some riding skills too!
AGK, thanx a lot, the wind was howling that day, I have 3 broken EZups to prove it. We actually met at the Death Race. I was there with my brother 'flying dutchman' and my Father. it seems like the one thing that will hold us back is the tires. I had a problem with mine in Tuscon, I just wore through them so I really couldn't compete. What happened to your front tire?

Maybe the tires lacking behind is a good thing because your 4stroke is wicked fast and going 50+ on a bicycle might not be the safest thing to do.

Congrats on your wins, Seeing your 4strokes and Culver City's really makes me want to build one.
I just have to finish my current build then on to the 4 strokes.......

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Maybe the tires lacking behind is a good thing because your 4stroke is wicked fast and going 50+ on a bicycle might not be the safest thing to do.

Congrats on your wins, Seeing your 4strokes and Culver City's really makes me want to build one.
I just have to finish my current build then on to the 4 strokes.......
One of the few rules at the Willow Springs race was no motors
over about 11 hp.
I am also limiting tires to bicycle tires. Motorcycle tires and high
hp engines will not be allowed.

AGK didn't see that rule and even though everyone including myself really
enjoyed the show that AGK's #81 highly modified HF engine put on he will
not be racing it in the next Sept 24th race in the Unlimited Gas class.

CulverCityClassic 4 stroke made about 11 hp and he and Magrider still had
a very close battle which would have made a very exciting finish if CCC bikes
chain had not derailed 2 turns before the finish line. Some exciting racing!

AGK and myself talked about it and the next race may have an exhibition
class for hp monsters like their bike.

Please do not build any bikes that are outside the rules and spirit of
mb racing that I will have to disqualify. We are going to keep this fun.

The races are for Bicycles and any trend towards turning them into
motorcycles will not be encouraged for many reasons.

I predict that Motor Bicycle Racing is going to be a hot new sport
in Southern California.
Just wait until everyone sees our new venue for the upcoming SoCal race.

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Magrider, our front rim had something in it that punctured two tubes. We should have it taken care of now. I would recommend the Maxxis Hook Worm tires we were using. They seem to hold up great with good grip, even on our over powered monster.

I enjoyed watching our bike put down some really fast laps, but I also agree it's too much. It's not safe to run it with bikes that are going much slower on the track. And it's difficult to make a class for a bike like that. I had fun building that bike and had no idea how it was going to run. We had a few experimental parts on that bike. We would like to bring it to future events just for some exhibition laps.

Magriders bike was much more impressive. Anyone can put a high powered engine in a bike and run fast lap times. But not anyone can modify a china girl to run the way Magriders runs. That takes a lot more talent. It was so cool to see it in front of the Morini bikes that we all know are fast!

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
The Grange was a great day, and I had lots of fun racing against fellow MBer’s. It is great facility, have a great staff and I look forward to returning many times. The track is well thought out using the natural terrain, has a great flow and many elevation changes. Although, I didn’t know we drove on dirt roads anymore. Thanks Neil for promoting the race.

My bike handled the track very well which resulted in a 1st place win in the 2 stroke class.
Maxxis Hookworm is my choice of tire for now on.

The last race of the day was the ultimate race which I was up against the Electrics, high powered 4 strokes and Morinis. Unfortunately I didn’t finish as well, the main straight is uphill and was hard to stay with the pack, leaving me many, many, seconds behind. I was lapped by the leader until he DNF.

Congratulations to the winners. E-bikes that finished and won the big race, The 4 strokes, you had a great race. Culver Citys Son, John, he is fearless.

I will have to give up my #1 plate for now. Maybe I need to build a new bike with a more powerful engine.

For my 1st place win in the 2 stroke class I received from one of the sponsors, Manic Mechanic, the radial 2 stroke head and a custom feul tank from Dave Rust, 'Custom Fabrication' who just walked up and gave it to me. I also received a 4 stroke shift kit from Sick bike Parts. thanks I really appreciate it and look forward to many events in the future. -magrider-

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
My china 2 stroke rat as it sits waiting to start the 2012 racing season here in So. Cal. I really didn’t have to do too much to get it ready. I installed the manic gen 2 head, new fuel line, new clutch pads, new pimp ass gold chain, new brake pads, and a new FMF sticker on the silencer. It seems that I have to replace the clutch pads and brake pads every other race. The hookworm tires held up great at the last race so they will be used again. Oh yeah, I almost forgot I changed the air in my tires also. See you in the pits--Magrider--

Attachments